Magento: 5 Reasons Why It Has Great Value in 2019
Posted on March 1, 2019
Saying the ecommerce is the future of all consumer facing businesses is like saying the Sun rises in the East – it’s a fact everyone already knows. That said, shifting to an ecommerce business can be a painfully long and tenuous process if you are doing it for the first time. Forget the offline integration hassle, you will face extensive challenges in the technology aspects to start with:
a. How does one build a comprehensive website?
b. What about updating the inventory on the website?
c. What if you don’t have a programming background?
d. How do you even plan for a payments gateway integrated to the website?
e. How do you ensure that you have a website up and running, and yet plan for future updates?
Yes, it can be horrifying in the beginning; but if you use Magento ecommerce development services, you can take care of all these issues in one go.
What is Magento?
Magento is an eCommerce platform which has both enterprise and open source versions that can help you develop your website from ground up, in next to no time. Simply said – Magento provides you the very basic set up required to build your eCommerce website.
If you think about it on a first principle basis, all eCommerce websites basically have the same model – a catalogue display, account creation module for users and a payment gateway system. How these components are arranged and then optimized for great user experience is where developers can help you out.
So, why you should use Magento and why should you care about it in 2019?
Magento started in 2007 and was operational in 2008. It has been more than a decade since it hit the markets. Does it still have enough utility for you to consider? Yes, it does. Here are a few reasons why you have to use Magento for your ecommerce operations in 2019.
1. Cost Efficiency: If you are trying to build an eCommerce website from ground up, you are subscribing to the ‘expensive’ way of doing things.
No matter how much you pay your developer, the basic functionalities of your online store will remain the same – the users can make an account, check out your product line and exit with making a purchase. Magento cuts your cost by giving you a one size fits all solution to start with.
If you plan to use Magento Open Source, you can actually get started at a fraction of your development costs.
2. Customizability: Magento Open Source is a free platform open to ecommerce businesses of all scales. You simply get started with your basic ecommerce platform and then plan for all the features and functionalities you need in your ecommerce website.
This is where custom Magento development can be used. You can take the help of a development company or simply use plug-ins provided by other developers.
Magento has over 4500 extensions available that take care of your accounting, marketing, website analytics, content, payments and even shipping.
3. Live Community: Irrespective of whether you use the enterprise version or the open source version, you get to be a part of a thriving online community which is constantly putting out updates, maintaining an error log and helping businesses scale up using Magento.
Since Magento also operates an open source version, you have a community of close to 375,000 active members who have used Magento and might be ahead of you in the journey of developing an eCommerce operation from ground zero. You can speed up your knowledge of Magento and its features, simply by going through the various threads being update in the community forum.
4. You can scale your ecommerce operations: You can practically get done with your Magento online store development in minutes. Yes, you read that right – in minutes. The real challenges come when you are trying to scale.
Take for instance this case – what if the first version of your website was built by some developer and now you want to scale the website’s functionalities with the services of some other developer. If you have not used Magento, you will be in deep waters!
Magento has a huge community and a large base of Magento development solutions. So, you can be rest assured, that quality services for scaling your ecommerce website will always be available.
5. Capacity Handling and Agility: As eCommerce businesses scale, one has to look into the exact aspects of how to handle the extra orders. This is where Magento can have massive utility.
Magento allows you to use unlimited bandwidth on your website; which means, that even if you are using the community version of the tool, you can theoretically have as much traffic as you want on your website without any restrictions.
Magento can help you get started with your ecommerce business and help you go from point zero to point one. Get a Magento development company on board early on and you will be able to scale your operations with great ease.