Mobile Applications Revolutionized Through Android Applications
Posted on August 27, 2019
The last five years have seen a tremendous transformation in the mobile industry. The number of users is growing day by day.
Mobile phones today have become such an important aspect of our lives that sometimes we just become handicapped without them.
This in turn has led to the growth and development the android application development and services industry. Applications have played a very important role in the transformation.
Let’s look at the numbers:
- There are over five billion mobile users in the world, with global internet penetration standing at 57%.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
- As of the first quarter of 2019, these app users could choose to download between 2.6 million Android, and 2.2 million iOS apps.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
- The total number of app downloads in 2018 at 194 billion; up from 178 billion in 2017.( %.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
Over the year’s android has become a popular platform and is the most used operating software in the world, monopolizing the market.
Reasons for Android Popularity:
Scope: Android operating system has a wide and massive scope, this platform is available on high, medium and low-end mobile phones. This has largely contributed towards applications being specifically designed for android use as the users for this platform are large in numbers. This plays a very important role while designing it as the success of an application is dependent on the fact that it should reach to large audience.
Focus: Android applications have a huge scope as they control most of the market share, this has helped the developers to concentrate and focus on one key area of the application. The objective here is to concentrate on one or two features to make sure that the application they have developed is not a generic application but an objective specific application.
Quality Oriente: Mobile applications earlier were not focused on the quality, neither was a lot of thought put into the application. As android gained popularity the quality of the applications built and designed also transformed. Developers and companies became aware that if an application is developed for android use then the quality, features and designing of the applications need to change. This brought about a change in the quality as companies were trying to reach to more and more audiences the realized they could nor deliver subpar products.
Evolution and Development: As technology is evolving and developing the applications also need to. Android applications are developing and growing day by day. In the android applications development industry where the competition is cutthroat and everyday many applications are launched, its highly important to stay a step ahead. Evolving and developing better and advanced versions of the applications has helped them garner the market share today. It’s been a critical aspect in enabling the android application industry reach where it is today.
Easy Accessibility: The reason behind android applications huge popularity and success has been to a large extent the easy accessibility of the android application system. This operating system can be found even on the lower end range of mobile phones. This has opened a can of opportunities for developing applications that has a widespread reach. Also as android is compatible on most devices, it makes the accessibility to the applications even larger.
Versatility: Android applications over the last few years have adapted and transformed in order to meet the current requirements. Android applications have proven to be extremely versatile offering up a variety of applications with unique and exclusive features that fit into the roles demanded of them. The versatility and distinctiveness have enabled them to reach the pinnacle of success they now enjoy.
Diversity: Android applications are vast and varied. Technology is constantly changing, and this change has resulted in how applications are perceived. The shift towards applications and the rising demand for variety has led to applications that are varied and diverse. Android applications have truly brought about a change in the application industry.
Costing and Pricing: Creating, developing and launching an application is long process with a lot of time effort and money involved. For an application to be successful, costing and the pricing should be balanced. Applications on the android platform are paid or free applications. The advantage that android applications have is that they do not require large amount of funds to be developed. The android applications built are low on costing and that is why many applications are free applications.
Android applications have played an important part and will continue to do so, as android applications are dominating the market, the companies and Android developers feel safe to launch their applications on this platform. Android applications will continue their successful rein as they are constantly upgrading, evolving to ensure they deliver the best to their users.
How to Build Your Android Application?
Posted on August 8, 2019
Applications and their Development:
Mobile phones have become an essential part of our day to day lives that sometimes we feel handicapped if we do not have a mobile phone on us. Mobile phones have evolved and grown in the last few years, they continue to change every day and technology has also been a huge factor for them to grow.
- The applications that mobile phones have on them are so vast and unlimited that its mind boggling.
- There seems to be an application available for everything right from ordering groceries to paying our bills to booking doctor’s appointment.
- They have made our lives so much easier and hassle free with the click of a button we can do so much.
- These applications have made us save so much time and has given us access to the world.
- To us they look like a simple application, but a lot of effort, time and research is taken to create them.
- Android applications are those applications that can be used only by those people to have an android device, these applications are compatible only on android devices.
How To Develop an Application
This is important to know while building the application, the target audience should be kept in mind because the application will have features and will be designed keeping the users in mind. And therefore, android application companies conduct a thorough research, to know who the applications users are going to be.
It is important to know the requirements of the application. Requirements will be based on the target audience and the service or product the company is launching. There needs to be a correlation between what the requirements of the customers are and what the company intends to deliver through the application and how best to deliver that.
It is important to be aware of the competition for the application as it is one of the major factors before developing and launching the application. The company should do a thorough analysis of the competition to see what they missed out on and incorporate those into their application.
An application when created and launched should have unique and attractive features that entice the customer to use the android application and it should stand out from the other applications available. A unique selling proposition is an important aspect for the application as it helps in marketing the application in the best possible way.
Marketing the Application:
Developing an application is not enough, every application needs to reach its end user and target audiences for it to be a success.
Marketing an application and creating awareness is also extremely important for the application to become successful.
Since the world is becoming more digital, the traditional marketing tools have also changed; applications are being marketed across various platforms and social media platforms play an extremely important role in making an application a highly successful one.
Right Time to Launch
Thus, just creating an android application is not enough, for it to become successful it needs to reach its targeted audiences.
The creation and development of an application and the making sure that the intended users are made aware of the application is highly significant for the application.
The more the number of users the higher the rate of success for the application and in turn to achieve that it requires to not only create application that is the need but also to market it and advertise the application.
Several factors contribute towards a success of the product and android application development companies also keep this in mind while creating, developing and launching an application.
An Android application takes a lot of research and effort in building and making sure the application is successful takes careful consideration and planning, thus companies need to make sure they create a application that ultimately makes the end user a satisfied customer.
Payment Gateway Integration Through PayPal in iOS and Android Apps
Posted on July 4, 2019
Having app has become a norm today. Businesses especially dealing in Ecommerce expect to design and develop high quality application with top-notch service. Several big brands like PayPal have set this trend – a hassle free way to help transfer the money in any exchange towards any products or services. This trend ever since hasn’t looked back than and seems to be ever growing. With the wide choice of payment processors to choose from, Companies offering Android App developing in Orange County are offering secured payment processing gateways that run smoothly within your mobile app.
Creating a native iOS or Android app for your business is an ideal strategic decision to capture the online payment market. But before creating a mobile app, you first engage an Android app development Company you need to understand how payment gateway integration in android/iOS is implemented.
About PayPal Integration
PayPal is the most widely preferred payment gateway today. PayPal Mobile SDKs allow native apps to easily accept PayPal and credit card payments.
PayPal Mobile SDKs native libraries let you to design quick responsive apps for the single as well as future payments.
The benefits of PayPal options which are mentioned below:
- It comes equipped with the facility of the split payments
- There’s a basic, simple invoice created for the goods purchased by the users
- It makes it easy to make transactions, transfer or pay money to any person/services
- It provides you with the facility to host your own checkout page
- PayPal is reigning in 205 countries and supports more than 20 different currencies
After downloading and installing, implementing PayPal SDK helps the native app with UI to gather the payment information from the consumers. Now, synchronize the payments with PayPal. Giving the proof of the payment for your app and all you need to do is add to your code.
PayPal SDK provides you with the payment proof. Give this proof of payment to your servers for authentication.
Integrating PayPal Gateway In iOS APP
1. After the initializing process of SDK, you need to provide your Client IDs to perform this is in your app.
2. You require creating a sub category of UIViewController to match with PayPalPayment Delegate.
3. The next step is to create a PayPalConfiguration and configure the various features in SDK.
4. You’d ask to pre-connect to PayPal’s servers. This action is recommended as when you first present the view controller from which your user will be making the payment.
5. The PayPalPayment account is created with the currency code, brief description, amount etc.
6. Form and present a PayPalPaymentViewController with your PayPalPayment and PayPalConfigurations object.
7. Write emissary methods to accept either the finished payment or for the cancellation process.
8. Send the payment replies to the servers for further authentication as well as any other processing required for business, such as fulfillment.
How to integrate PayPal payment gateway in Android?
1. To integrate PayPal payment gateway to your AndroidManifest.xml file you need to add few permissions.
2. The next involved is to declare various activities in AndroidManifest.xml as well as SDK service.
3. Begin your PayPal service when your coding and other tasks are well-formed. Pause it incase there any damage in the process.
4. Make the payment and start the payment plan.
5. Apply onActivityResult ()
6. You need to transfer the payment receipts to your servers for further authentication, which is essential for your business.
7. Once the payment process has been completed, the users will be charged accordingly.
The above-mentioned pointers are specifically targeted towards PayPal payment integration in Android and iOS apps.
However, there are several different companies in the market such as Braintree, Zooz, Dwolla, Stripe that any Android App development companies near me will suffice but; PayPal seems to be the most preferred choice Although, choosing a payment gateway completely depends on your users, and currency as it plays a vital role in it.
And researchers suggested by the end of 2019, the rise of the mobile payments across the world will be increasing by $1 trillion. Therefore; if you are looking to engage with an Android app development company USA, OctosGlobal can help you with that.
10 Most Promising Android Blogs You Must Follow in 2019
Posted on February 18, 2019
Businesses and brands that are not in the app development business can have a tough time launching their apps and then making them succeed. You can get a great app developed by hiring a competent Android app development company but there is no assurance that your app will succeed.
To start with, your brand advocates may not become your app users. 53% of smartphone users say that they do not have their favorite brand’s app installed on their phone.
Assume for a while that you manage to get your target audience to install the app on its phones. How would you ensure engagement? Less than 25% of users return to the app on the very second day of having installed it.
You can outsource app development, not the app’s very success. Hence, it is imperative for you to ensure that you are on top of the updates in the Android app development world.
Here are a few blogs to keep you do the same:
1. Google Android Blog: This is the Mecca of Android app development. Google has done a great job in growing the Android app developers’ community. It has done an even better job in building this blog.
You might be a business owner or a developer, the blog will let you know of all the updates Google is bringing, all the trends Google is capturing and all the issues the community is addressing.
2.TechCrunch: TechCrunch is widely regarded as the hallmark of journalism in the technology circles. Be it apps or startups or artificial intelligence or self-driving cars – TechCrunch has managed to build an ecosystem of its own, covering all the important news.
If you are looking for Android specific news, TechCrunch can prove to be a great starting point.
3. Android Authority: You can search for ‘Android app development companies near me’. Select the best ones; but do you have any clue on how to brief them about your requirements? That is where Android Authority can help you out.
Android Authority was started in 2007 as one of the first blogs dedicated to Android OS. It has over 52,000 posts on its website and will definitely give you a fundamental understanding of all the developments in the Android world.
4. Android Weekly: Here is a problem we all face – we enthusiastically search for something new to learn and then gather so many resources in front of us, that we get perplexed on where to get started! That is where Android Weekly can help you.
Android Weekly is a newsletter that handpicks stories, updates and information about all things related to Android – jobs, events and news.
5. Android Police: Android Police is also one of the earliest blogs following the growth of Android. Started in 2009, the blog reaches to more than 4 million people every month.
Like all other reliable blogs, Android Police covers the nuts and bolts of Android development.
6. Styling Android: Ask any Android app development company in Orange County or in Bangalore, what’s one place where you can get to know more about designing for Android apps, and the answer will surely be Styling Android.
Styling Android will give you a ground level understanding on how to design the UI and UX of your upcoming Android app, based on its own testing and wide experience in the same.
7.Android Central: Android Central is one of the most active blogs and communities about Android development on the entire internet.
Android Central has its own podcast, listicles, recommendations, cell phone plans and even quizzes to keep you engaged! If you are looking for some infotainment in the Android development world, this is a blog you cannot afford to miss.
8. GitHub Blog: Every single developer in the world knows about GitHub. Every single leading Android app development company USA would have used GitHub, which happens to be the world’s largest active code contributing community.
If you are just getting started with your Android app development project, it can give you real codes that will be used in the project. The community also actively blogs about various issues and trends in Android app development.
9. Android Guys: Going a bit beyond the usual Android trend capturing, the Android Guys blog is focused on tips and tricks you can use to make the most out of your app development.
It also has a great reviewing section which can save you a lot of decision making time.
10. Android Advices: This is a blog focused more on the device end of Android. The blog is run to provide device rooting firmware updates as well as a ton of useful reviews.
Getting a great Android app development company is only one part of the job. The core challenge comes in understanding your audience and understanding the technology you are working with. Go through the blogs listed here and you will have all the required Android information on your finger- tips.
What Features In Android Apps Do Businesses Look Out For
Posted on January 9, 2019
Android continues to dominate the mobile platform landscape, with business houses streamlining their functionalism with dedicated mobile apps. In recent years, Android application development has undergone several upgrades, with cloud-based apps, instant apps and now IoT penetrating into the domain. Android, with a market share of over 85%, leads the landscape and the reputed developers are carrying out a good work, strengthening their client’s business applications. For every modern enterprise, mobility has turned out to be a crucial aspect, with customers spending more time with their smartphones than computers. As a business leader, you must be on the lookout for the most updated features to be incorporated in your Android apps.
Here are some of the features that established businesses look forward to have in their apps.
Instant apps on Android
You must note, that most of the smartphone users do not use all their apps on a daily basis. A report released by TechCrunch reveals that on an average, a person uses only 9 apps on their smartphones each day. In order to do away with the issue of apps occupying unnecessary space in the phones, Google launched Android Instant Apps in October 2017, where one could use the app without even installing it. Since then, business firms have been integrating this feature into their apps, so that they can serve a purpose without adding to the junk on the users’ devices. Presently, most of the leading firms are collaborating with a reputed Android app development company to develop instant apps for their business.
Payment through apps
The e-payment industry is striving to turn the transactions completely cashless. In this context, it is important to note the rising demand for secure payment mechanisms through apps. Integrating the payment mechanism through mobile apps in each business greatly enhances the ease of making transactions. Often, customers move to a different website due to the lack of proper payment gateway in an app. With more businesses embracing this feature, mobile app payments are gradually making the way into the mainstream. It is important to understand the desired payment option of the customers and integrate the channels into the gateway. However, it is challenging to develop secure mobile payment apps. Business firms should collaborate with accomplished Android app development companies for this particular feature.
Android application system based on cloud
Cloud-based mobile apps have been in the industry since 2016. However, the buzz will continue in 2019 as well, as ‘data’ is an important element in the operational mechanism of every business. As a business professional, you must realize that the information needs to be stored securely. The cloud-based mobile apps for Android greatly leverage this point, while allowing access to the desired personnel simultaneously. In case you have not yet got a cloud-based app, it is time to get one. Reach out to one of the companies specializing in Android app development in Orange County and develop a robust cloud-based Android app for your business.
By 2020, the world will be having over 20 billion connected devices, thanks to IoT. With IoT integrated mobile apps already in the market, the trend is gaining popularity swiftly due to the security it assures. Several home automation businesses have been using IoT apps these days. Google has already made contributions to the development of AI and IoT. In the coming years, it will be looking forward to develop more IoT apps for Android. These apps will enable you communicate with your customers smoothly, while managing a secure backend.
VR and AR apps
Business apps integrated with augmented reality and virtual reality are likely to dominate the Android application development industry in the coming months. Ever since the craze created by ‘Pokémon Go’ faded away, business firms have been collaborating with the Android application development companies to include similar features in their apps. AR is growing at a greater pace, as compared to VR. Incorporating VR and AR into your apps will be effective in attracting customers, besides lending an edge to your business over your competitors.
Users prefer using mobile apps, as compared to mobile web, which makes Android apps one of the best ways to help a business engage with its customers. It can result in a substantial improvement in sales. With every updated version, Android has improved with its array of offerings. In 2017, Android Oreo emerged as the 15th version altogether, as a faster, more secure and powerful version.
You may get across to the reputed companies specializing in Android app development in Orange County to integrate the latest features in your business applications.