10 Most Promising Android Blogs You Must Follow in 2019
Posted on February 18, 2019
Businesses and brands that are not in the app development business can have a tough time launching their apps and then making them succeed. You can get a great app developed by hiring a competent Android app development company but there is no assurance that your app will succeed.
To start with, your brand advocates may not become your app users. 53% of smartphone users say that they do not have their favorite brand’s app installed on their phone.
Assume for a while that you manage to get your target audience to install the app on its phones. How would you ensure engagement? Less than 25% of users return to the app on the very second day of having installed it.
You can outsource app development, not the app’s very success. Hence, it is imperative for you to ensure that you are on top of the updates in the Android app development world.
Here are a few blogs to keep you do the same:
1. Google Android Blog: This is the Mecca of Android app development. Google has done a great job in growing the Android app developers’ community. It has done an even better job in building this blog.
You might be a business owner or a developer, the blog will let you know of all the updates Google is bringing, all the trends Google is capturing and all the issues the community is addressing.
2.TechCrunch: TechCrunch is widely regarded as the hallmark of journalism in the technology circles. Be it apps or startups or artificial intelligence or self-driving cars – TechCrunch has managed to build an ecosystem of its own, covering all the important news.
If you are looking for Android specific news, TechCrunch can prove to be a great starting point.
3. Android Authority: You can search for ‘Android app development companies near me’. Select the best ones; but do you have any clue on how to brief them about your requirements? That is where Android Authority can help you out.
Android Authority was started in 2007 as one of the first blogs dedicated to Android OS. It has over 52,000 posts on its website and will definitely give you a fundamental understanding of all the developments in the Android world.
4. Android Weekly: Here is a problem we all face – we enthusiastically search for something new to learn and then gather so many resources in front of us, that we get perplexed on where to get started! That is where Android Weekly can help you.
Android Weekly is a newsletter that handpicks stories, updates and information about all things related to Android – jobs, events and news.
5. Android Police: Android Police is also one of the earliest blogs following the growth of Android. Started in 2009, the blog reaches to more than 4 million people every month.
Like all other reliable blogs, Android Police covers the nuts and bolts of Android development.
6. Styling Android: Ask any Android app development company in Orange County or in Bangalore, what’s one place where you can get to know more about designing for Android apps, and the answer will surely be Styling Android.
Styling Android will give you a ground level understanding on how to design the UI and UX of your upcoming Android app, based on its own testing and wide experience in the same.
7.Android Central: Android Central is one of the most active blogs and communities about Android development on the entire internet.
Android Central has its own podcast, listicles, recommendations, cell phone plans and even quizzes to keep you engaged! If you are looking for some infotainment in the Android development world, this is a blog you cannot afford to miss.
8. GitHub Blog: Every single developer in the world knows about GitHub. Every single leading Android app development company USA would have used GitHub, which happens to be the world’s largest active code contributing community.
If you are just getting started with your Android app development project, it can give you real codes that will be used in the project. The community also actively blogs about various issues and trends in Android app development.
9. Android Guys: Going a bit beyond the usual Android trend capturing, the Android Guys blog is focused on tips and tricks you can use to make the most out of your app development.
It also has a great reviewing section which can save you a lot of decision making time.
10. Android Advices: This is a blog focused more on the device end of Android. The blog is run to provide device rooting firmware updates as well as a ton of useful reviews.
Getting a great Android app development company is only one part of the job. The core challenge comes in understanding your audience and understanding the technology you are working with. Go through the blogs listed here and you will have all the required Android information on your finger- tips.