How to Build Your Android Application?
Posted on August 8, 2019
Applications and their Development:
Mobile phones have become an essential part of our day to day lives that sometimes we feel handicapped if we do not have a mobile phone on us. Mobile phones have evolved and grown in the last few years, they continue to change every day and technology has also been a huge factor for them to grow.
- The applications that mobile phones have on them are so vast and unlimited that its mind boggling.
- There seems to be an application available for everything right from ordering groceries to paying our bills to booking doctor’s appointment.
- They have made our lives so much easier and hassle free with the click of a button we can do so much.
- These applications have made us save so much time and has given us access to the world.
- To us they look like a simple application, but a lot of effort, time and research is taken to create them.
- Android applications are those applications that can be used only by those people to have an android device, these applications are compatible only on android devices.
How To Develop an Application
This is important to know while building the application, the target audience should be kept in mind because the application will have features and will be designed keeping the users in mind. And therefore, android application companies conduct a thorough research, to know who the applications users are going to be.
It is important to know the requirements of the application. Requirements will be based on the target audience and the service or product the company is launching. There needs to be a correlation between what the requirements of the customers are and what the company intends to deliver through the application and how best to deliver that.
It is important to be aware of the competition for the application as it is one of the major factors before developing and launching the application. The company should do a thorough analysis of the competition to see what they missed out on and incorporate those into their application.
An application when created and launched should have unique and attractive features that entice the customer to use the android application and it should stand out from the other applications available. A unique selling proposition is an important aspect for the application as it helps in marketing the application in the best possible way.
Marketing the Application:
Developing an application is not enough, every application needs to reach its end user and target audiences for it to be a success.
Marketing an application and creating awareness is also extremely important for the application to become successful.
Since the world is becoming more digital, the traditional marketing tools have also changed; applications are being marketed across various platforms and social media platforms play an extremely important role in making an application a highly successful one.
Right Time to Launch
Thus, just creating an android application is not enough, for it to become successful it needs to reach its targeted audiences.
The creation and development of an application and the making sure that the intended users are made aware of the application is highly significant for the application.
The more the number of users the higher the rate of success for the application and in turn to achieve that it requires to not only create application that is the need but also to market it and advertise the application.
Several factors contribute towards a success of the product and android application development companies also keep this in mind while creating, developing and launching an application.
An Android application takes a lot of research and effort in building and making sure the application is successful takes careful consideration and planning, thus companies need to make sure they create a application that ultimately makes the end user a satisfied customer.
What’s New Trending in Android App Development?
Posted on July 11, 2019
Mobility has become vital for every enterprise today as mobile users are ever rising. Moreover; the users prefer browsing the Internet using their smartphones. Android of all leads the mobile landscape with more than market share of 82%. It is now quite evident that digital strategies of the enterprises are now significantly focusing on Android app development.
As an Android app development company you wish to keep updated about what trending in your industry. Below are top trending Android app development trends:
Android Instant Apps
With so many Android Apps in the market, we seldom use all. There’s no way we can have it downloaded all and use them. These apps take up your majority of the memory space. To address this issue, Google have come with a solution called Android Instant Apps. The user can sign-u and use any Android App without installing them.
This facility allows instant usability for the users world-wide who do not wish to use Android app regularly.
Android Apps Are Moving Beyond The Screen
There were these typical apps that where squeezed into your small smartphone screen. Android App development company USA should consider the facts that the trend is new but growing. Apps will no longer confine to the same process they were earlier.
Augmented realty apps as well as virtual reality apps are developed more by the companies then ever especially the gaming apps built on Android. The recent exposure of virtual reality has just begun and app development needs to meet this need of audience.
How we forget something as important as payment app. There’s no doubt these payment apps have made our lives easier. Millions of users worldwide are using the apps to make payments. Soon the apps are capturing the market and will become a norm. Digital payments will be made a compulsion.
It’s high time for the Android App development company must take this trend into account, as it is going to shape the future of transactions.
Android Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is one of the most upcoming trends for Android app Development Company in Orange County to monitor.
The development of these Android apps is going to hugely influenced by artificial intelligence in different ways. The application of AI is of great interest to those who work in app development.
This technology is useful to the app developers who are looking to remain proactive. Artificial intelligence lets app issues to resolve before the user has even had the chance to lodge the complaint.
Android apps using artificial intelligence to gain insight into the user experience, app developers now have the chance to develop a more instinctual product.
Cloud based Android App Application
Cloud-based apps have been popular since 2016; they’ll continue to buzz the mobile app industry in 2019 as well.
Almost every company deals with important data. Therefore they need to be sure that the data is saved securely. And cloud-based app solutions are an excellent choice. With a cloud-based app, you can let businesses access their data anytime without worrying about the safety of the data.
If you do not already have a cloud-based Android app for your business, this could be a great year to search for Android app development near me company to create one.
Research around and you will see that many top companies already offer such apps to their customers. As a matter of fact, many of your competitors might also be offering them.
These are some of the top trends of Android app development in 2019.
Embrace these popular technologies and get your Android app development team create an app based on one of these innovative technologies. If your business is looking to have one; connect with Octosglobal, a reputed Android app development agency that could help you achieve the expected results with the help of a user-friendly and technologically advanced Android app.
Payment Gateway Integration Through PayPal in iOS and Android Apps
Posted on July 4, 2019
Having app has become a norm today. Businesses especially dealing in Ecommerce expect to design and develop high quality application with top-notch service. Several big brands like PayPal have set this trend – a hassle free way to help transfer the money in any exchange towards any products or services. This trend ever since hasn’t looked back than and seems to be ever growing. With the wide choice of payment processors to choose from, Companies offering Android App developing in Orange County are offering secured payment processing gateways that run smoothly within your mobile app.
Creating a native iOS or Android app for your business is an ideal strategic decision to capture the online payment market. But before creating a mobile app, you first engage an Android app development Company you need to understand how payment gateway integration in android/iOS is implemented.
About PayPal Integration
PayPal is the most widely preferred payment gateway today. PayPal Mobile SDKs allow native apps to easily accept PayPal and credit card payments.
PayPal Mobile SDKs native libraries let you to design quick responsive apps for the single as well as future payments.
The benefits of PayPal options which are mentioned below:
- It comes equipped with the facility of the split payments
- There’s a basic, simple invoice created for the goods purchased by the users
- It makes it easy to make transactions, transfer or pay money to any person/services
- It provides you with the facility to host your own checkout page
- PayPal is reigning in 205 countries and supports more than 20 different currencies
After downloading and installing, implementing PayPal SDK helps the native app with UI to gather the payment information from the consumers. Now, synchronize the payments with PayPal. Giving the proof of the payment for your app and all you need to do is add to your code.
PayPal SDK provides you with the payment proof. Give this proof of payment to your servers for authentication.
Integrating PayPal Gateway In iOS APP
1. After the initializing process of SDK, you need to provide your Client IDs to perform this is in your app.
2. You require creating a sub category of UIViewController to match with PayPalPayment Delegate.
3. The next step is to create a PayPalConfiguration and configure the various features in SDK.
4. You’d ask to pre-connect to PayPal’s servers. This action is recommended as when you first present the view controller from which your user will be making the payment.
5. The PayPalPayment account is created with the currency code, brief description, amount etc.
6. Form and present a PayPalPaymentViewController with your PayPalPayment and PayPalConfigurations object.
7. Write emissary methods to accept either the finished payment or for the cancellation process.
8. Send the payment replies to the servers for further authentication as well as any other processing required for business, such as fulfillment.
How to integrate PayPal payment gateway in Android?
1. To integrate PayPal payment gateway to your AndroidManifest.xml file you need to add few permissions.
2. The next involved is to declare various activities in AndroidManifest.xml as well as SDK service.
3. Begin your PayPal service when your coding and other tasks are well-formed. Pause it incase there any damage in the process.
4. Make the payment and start the payment plan.
5. Apply onActivityResult ()
6. You need to transfer the payment receipts to your servers for further authentication, which is essential for your business.
7. Once the payment process has been completed, the users will be charged accordingly.
The above-mentioned pointers are specifically targeted towards PayPal payment integration in Android and iOS apps.
However, there are several different companies in the market such as Braintree, Zooz, Dwolla, Stripe that any Android App development companies near me will suffice but; PayPal seems to be the most preferred choice Although, choosing a payment gateway completely depends on your users, and currency as it plays a vital role in it.
And researchers suggested by the end of 2019, the rise of the mobile payments across the world will be increasing by $1 trillion. Therefore; if you are looking to engage with an Android app development company USA, OctosGlobal can help you with that.
How to Market Your Android App in 2019?
Posted on April 16, 2019
Are you planning to launch an Android app? Congratulations – you have chosen the most widely used app launching platform – the Google Play Store.
Now that you know Google Play Store is the most widely used marketplace for apps, you should also know that since Android is so accessible to users, mere quality Android app development will not help you get popular with Android users. There are a few challenges you should be prepared with:
A. If you are not Google, you are at a disadvantage.
Google (Alphabet) is the largest app publisher both by the number of apps and by the percentage of audience reach. Hence, if you are planning to enter any domain where Google already has dominance such as digital ad management, search engine or even cloud computing, you will face a stiff competition.
B. If you are not a game developer, you are at a disadvantage.
Gaming, as a category, is the most popular one in terms of engagement numbers, reach and downloads. If you are not publishing gaming apps, you have to assume that your app may not beat the engagement benchmarks set by gaming apps.
Given all these caveats, you might be wondering – even if you have a clear use case for your app and a very good Android app development company by your side, how would you even beat the market of 2.6 million apps?
The trick lies in differentiating your app by all means. Here are a few pro tips that will help you market your app on the Google Play Store in 2019:
1. Use differentiation.
The first thing you would notice about the Google Play Store is that it is densely populated. Every category from Business to Gaming to Music is heavily crowded with apps that are either available for free or come with paid upgrades.
Thus, it becomes critical for you to understand – how do you differentiate on every level? First and foremost – ingrain the differentiation philosophy on every level of your marketing game-plan. You have to start with the logo and the UI of your app, since these are the first points of contact you will have with your users.
For instance, have a look at the home screen of your phone and notice what majority of app icons look like. All you have to do is, differentiate your app from these.
2. Reverse engineer successful campaigns.
There are a ton of successful ad campaigns that have been run by several app developers and publishers. Marketing is an iterative process, where the more data you have, the more effective and efficient your campaigns would be. Hence, instead of trying to get your own marketing data, use any publically available data on campaigns and audience research.
There are several paid tools which will help you look into the insights of the marketing campaigns run by your competition. You don’t have to be an Android application development expert to garner these insights. They are approximations but the will give you a decent idea on what works when marketing apps on Google Play Store.
3. Pay attention to Google rankings and metrics.
It is clear that you might be competing with several Google apps for the same space in the phone. That said, Google is rather transparent about the metrics it cares for while ranking the apps in the app store. Whether you got your app developed in Los Angeles or went for app development in California, you will be gauged on the same basic metrics.
The high level rule here is that Google focuses a lot on engagement. Find such similar KPIs that make a difference and focus heavily on excelling in them.
4. Do not jump on monetizing straight away.
You have to know that the average price of an Android phone is far cheaper than that of an iPhone. Hence, by design, the users of Android are not used to exorbitant spending. This is the key reason why unless you have a wide audience base, you should not go for monetizing your app. Freemium models work the best on Android.
When marketing your app on Google Play Store, make sure you are differentiating on every level, reverse engineering already successful campaigns, focusing on the key metrics propagated by Google and not jumping to monetization right way.
10 Most Promising Android Blogs You Must Follow in 2019
Posted on February 18, 2019
Businesses and brands that are not in the app development business can have a tough time launching their apps and then making them succeed. You can get a great app developed by hiring a competent Android app development company but there is no assurance that your app will succeed.
To start with, your brand advocates may not become your app users. 53% of smartphone users say that they do not have their favorite brand’s app installed on their phone.
Assume for a while that you manage to get your target audience to install the app on its phones. How would you ensure engagement? Less than 25% of users return to the app on the very second day of having installed it.
You can outsource app development, not the app’s very success. Hence, it is imperative for you to ensure that you are on top of the updates in the Android app development world.
Here are a few blogs to keep you do the same:
1. Google Android Blog: This is the Mecca of Android app development. Google has done a great job in growing the Android app developers’ community. It has done an even better job in building this blog.
You might be a business owner or a developer, the blog will let you know of all the updates Google is bringing, all the trends Google is capturing and all the issues the community is addressing.
2.TechCrunch: TechCrunch is widely regarded as the hallmark of journalism in the technology circles. Be it apps or startups or artificial intelligence or self-driving cars – TechCrunch has managed to build an ecosystem of its own, covering all the important news.
If you are looking for Android specific news, TechCrunch can prove to be a great starting point.
3. Android Authority: You can search for ‘Android app development companies near me’. Select the best ones; but do you have any clue on how to brief them about your requirements? That is where Android Authority can help you out.
Android Authority was started in 2007 as one of the first blogs dedicated to Android OS. It has over 52,000 posts on its website and will definitely give you a fundamental understanding of all the developments in the Android world.
4. Android Weekly: Here is a problem we all face – we enthusiastically search for something new to learn and then gather so many resources in front of us, that we get perplexed on where to get started! That is where Android Weekly can help you.
Android Weekly is a newsletter that handpicks stories, updates and information about all things related to Android – jobs, events and news.
5. Android Police: Android Police is also one of the earliest blogs following the growth of Android. Started in 2009, the blog reaches to more than 4 million people every month.
Like all other reliable blogs, Android Police covers the nuts and bolts of Android development.
6. Styling Android: Ask any Android app development company in Orange County or in Bangalore, what’s one place where you can get to know more about designing for Android apps, and the answer will surely be Styling Android.
Styling Android will give you a ground level understanding on how to design the UI and UX of your upcoming Android app, based on its own testing and wide experience in the same.
7.Android Central: Android Central is one of the most active blogs and communities about Android development on the entire internet.
Android Central has its own podcast, listicles, recommendations, cell phone plans and even quizzes to keep you engaged! If you are looking for some infotainment in the Android development world, this is a blog you cannot afford to miss.
8. GitHub Blog: Every single developer in the world knows about GitHub. Every single leading Android app development company USA would have used GitHub, which happens to be the world’s largest active code contributing community.
If you are just getting started with your Android app development project, it can give you real codes that will be used in the project. The community also actively blogs about various issues and trends in Android app development.
9. Android Guys: Going a bit beyond the usual Android trend capturing, the Android Guys blog is focused on tips and tricks you can use to make the most out of your app development.
It also has a great reviewing section which can save you a lot of decision making time.
10. Android Advices: This is a blog focused more on the device end of Android. The blog is run to provide device rooting firmware updates as well as a ton of useful reviews.
Getting a great Android app development company is only one part of the job. The core challenge comes in understanding your audience and understanding the technology you are working with. Go through the blogs listed here and you will have all the required Android information on your finger- tips.
What Features In Android Apps Do Businesses Look Out For
Posted on January 9, 2019
Android continues to dominate the mobile platform landscape, with business houses streamlining their functionalism with dedicated mobile apps. In recent years, Android application development has undergone several upgrades, with cloud-based apps, instant apps and now IoT penetrating into the domain. Android, with a market share of over 85%, leads the landscape and the reputed developers are carrying out a good work, strengthening their client’s business applications. For every modern enterprise, mobility has turned out to be a crucial aspect, with customers spending more time with their smartphones than computers. As a business leader, you must be on the lookout for the most updated features to be incorporated in your Android apps.
Here are some of the features that established businesses look forward to have in their apps.
Instant apps on Android
You must note, that most of the smartphone users do not use all their apps on a daily basis. A report released by TechCrunch reveals that on an average, a person uses only 9 apps on their smartphones each day. In order to do away with the issue of apps occupying unnecessary space in the phones, Google launched Android Instant Apps in October 2017, where one could use the app without even installing it. Since then, business firms have been integrating this feature into their apps, so that they can serve a purpose without adding to the junk on the users’ devices. Presently, most of the leading firms are collaborating with a reputed Android app development company to develop instant apps for their business.
Payment through apps
The e-payment industry is striving to turn the transactions completely cashless. In this context, it is important to note the rising demand for secure payment mechanisms through apps. Integrating the payment mechanism through mobile apps in each business greatly enhances the ease of making transactions. Often, customers move to a different website due to the lack of proper payment gateway in an app. With more businesses embracing this feature, mobile app payments are gradually making the way into the mainstream. It is important to understand the desired payment option of the customers and integrate the channels into the gateway. However, it is challenging to develop secure mobile payment apps. Business firms should collaborate with accomplished Android app development companies for this particular feature.
Android application system based on cloud
Cloud-based mobile apps have been in the industry since 2016. However, the buzz will continue in 2019 as well, as ‘data’ is an important element in the operational mechanism of every business. As a business professional, you must realize that the information needs to be stored securely. The cloud-based mobile apps for Android greatly leverage this point, while allowing access to the desired personnel simultaneously. In case you have not yet got a cloud-based app, it is time to get one. Reach out to one of the companies specializing in Android app development in Orange County and develop a robust cloud-based Android app for your business.
By 2020, the world will be having over 20 billion connected devices, thanks to IoT. With IoT integrated mobile apps already in the market, the trend is gaining popularity swiftly due to the security it assures. Several home automation businesses have been using IoT apps these days. Google has already made contributions to the development of AI and IoT. In the coming years, it will be looking forward to develop more IoT apps for Android. These apps will enable you communicate with your customers smoothly, while managing a secure backend.
VR and AR apps
Business apps integrated with augmented reality and virtual reality are likely to dominate the Android application development industry in the coming months. Ever since the craze created by ‘Pokémon Go’ faded away, business firms have been collaborating with the Android application development companies to include similar features in their apps. AR is growing at a greater pace, as compared to VR. Incorporating VR and AR into your apps will be effective in attracting customers, besides lending an edge to your business over your competitors.
Users prefer using mobile apps, as compared to mobile web, which makes Android apps one of the best ways to help a business engage with its customers. It can result in a substantial improvement in sales. With every updated version, Android has improved with its array of offerings. In 2017, Android Oreo emerged as the 15th version altogether, as a faster, more secure and powerful version.
You may get across to the reputed companies specializing in Android app development in Orange County to integrate the latest features in your business applications.
Why should you invest in Android App development?
Posted on September 20, 2018
You might have not observed it yet but in today’s scenario every 2nd person has an android mobile phone (all around the world). If your business has not made any mobile app, it means you are losing a big opportunity to reach out to potential customers and expand your business further. Mobiles are a blessing for every individual and android proves to be a boon. Android provides us thousands of opportunities and people have made millions out of these. Android app development companies provide constant support for businesses throughout and later.
If you want to add something new or bring a change in your business for expanding exponentially, Android application development is the first thing you should add into your list. Mostly every kind of business has its mobile app these days, such as banks, schools, social media purchasing platforms and many more. The current scenario can be expressed in terms- you name it and you have it. Nowadays, using cross platform mobile development has also come into the trend. So, it becomes a bigger concern for your business if you still have not made any application or if developed, not maintained it properly. To make this point clearer, following you would find reasons as to why you should invest in Android App development:
Increase penetration in market: Android apps can help you tap those markets which you have not yet reached, and it also creates buzz in the existing one which helps your business expand with no boundaries. Android apps help to achieve faster penetration in the market than other means. Reason is simple- people explore more and more apps in the mobile store and if you have your presence there then you might come across a potential buyer and customer at a better frequency.
Low cost entries: Android app is something which has very low cost but still has a good return. If you have not yet looked, you might be missing out on something big. There is no doubt that the initial cost of development, registration and regular costs of maintaining the application are required to be incurred but you shouldn’t forget to see the projected future benefits as it could cover the cost in much lesser time then you thought of. It would provide you greater results that you couldn’t even imagine. Android app development companies can help you minimize the cost and develop the best platform for target customers.
Good customer relationship: This is one of the best ways to connect with customers and provide best services. You can interact with the customers at any time and make your relationship stronger than before. Businesses can also provide customized services which helps you to make your customers loyal towards your brand. Every activity matters to your business so you just need to find the right kind of services which would make your customers happier and more loyal than ever.
Get instant feedbacks: Feedbacks can never be ignored by businesses. It tells you where your business is lacking and how your business can solve this problem. You can be the differentiator in the market if you are able to solve these problems at the right time. Android apps help you doing this job better. Businesses can ask android app development companies to develop a platform for receiving feedbacks as well as understanding the consumer behavior so that your business improves according to the customers’ liking and develop product on the same line.
Developing an android app and maintaining it properly is the demand of the current market. If your business provides the right value and solves the problems that customers are facing, you could be the next million-dollar company and android app development companies become the constant support to help you in the process by adding new features to your organization. So go and look out for Android app development companies in Orange County if you have businesses there and get one of the best services for your business.
How Google Instant Apps can help you acquire more customers?
Posted on June 12, 2018
Everyone has been dazzled by the AI powered voice assistant Google showed in its I/O 2018 conference. That said, for major app developers the Google I/O Conference 2016 brought a huge possibility – Google Instant Apps.
Many businesses have yet not explored the gamut of opportunities which come alongside Instant Apps for android app development. Instant Apps can help in user acquisition, user retention, better user experience, product testing, social media marketing and what not! Yet, many businesses are yet to tap into this feature.
What are Google Instant Apps?
The simplest way to define Instant Apps would be that they are small, fragmented and easily accessible versions of native apps. To a developer, a native app is also easily accessible; after all, a user only needs to go and download it. That in itself is the hassle for the user – downloading the app, burning through data and clearing memory on the device, all for one app? Many businesses are losing out on such lateral demands of their app because of a small impediment – they have to be downloaded. Hence the Instant Apps come into picture.
Instant Apps do not have to be downloaded. They are available on Play Store and as soon as the user clicks on it, the user is taken to a microsite which has limited functionality in comparison to the native app. How does this help the user? Well, the user gets to try the app for availing its specific utility and they don’t have to download it. What else, this provides with an added touchpoint for them to try the app before actually downloading or buying it.
Still thinking whether you need Instant Apps for your business? These reasons will definitely help you out in deciding:
1. Product Testing and Real-time Feedback: If you are an android app development company this is one of the most crucial aspects of your business. You can simply put up an Instant App version of your native app and let users come to use the best functions without even downloading the app. Mostly, developers deal with numerous KPIs to gauge the success of their app – downloads, time spent, etc. With Instant Apps, users give you real time feedback – they will download the full app, use only the Instant App or do nothing with the Instant App. In any ways, you get to see whether the app is working in its simplest terms or not.
2. User Acquisition and Retention: Users do not want to commit to one app. This is primarily the reason why the number of apps used on a daily basis for an average user has gone up from 7 to 27, according to an Economist Group research. With an Instant App, the user is not supposed to commit anything – no payments, no data usage, not even the blocked memory space on phone. For a company providing android app development services you can think of this as a test-drive of your apps.
This certainly helps in many industries such as gaming, media and entertainment or apps with occasional utility. Any app that offers in-app purchases for added content can now give an Instant App version to give an insider’s view. There are also apps which only have occasional usage – hotel booking, parking slot availability, so on and so forth. Users tend to avoid such apps because no one wants to have an app which will be used rarely but block the space in the phone permanently. Instant Apps enable companies providing mobile app development services for such apps with infrequent utility to tap into the larger user-base by offering a try before you download kind of option.
3. Added Marketing Channel: Sharing an app on social media is a hassle and typing an entire review is rare. That said, sending a link to a specific website is extremely lucid and makes Instant Apps an added channel to market the native app.
5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Outsourced App Development
Posted on May 1, 2018
As per research published by Deloitte, 31% of IT services have been outsourced and this number will keep growing for the years to come. This means that businesses tend to outsource a third of their IT needs to outsourcing partners. When such a big responsibility is at stake, how do you ensure that you are getting the most value out of every penny you spend?
Android app development is a very competitive market. Whether it is for in-house purposes or for reaching out to you target audience, you need to be at the edge of innovation and quality to attract your target customer through your Android app. It is fairly easy to find a mobile app development company that will fit into your ‘brief’ on paper but it is extremely difficult to find the right outsourcing partner who provides the mobile app development services you actually need.
As outsourcing gets more and more global, offshore companies are on the rise and with the return on investment they provide, they should be; but, with geographic distances the process of outsourcing just becomes difficult. Increasingly, the small to medium sized businesses are finding it difficult to get the best out of their outsourcing process. Many businesses are facing categorical problems like:
1. The finished product is not par with the expectations or cost.
2. The outsourcing partner has left them hanging before delivering the final product.
3. They do not understand the exact functioning of their own product.
4. There is no one to guide them post the delivery of the product, meaning, lack of after-sales services.
It is difficult to find the best mobile app development company that can provide you with the best Android app development services you need; but, it is not impossible. So, here are five ways to make the most out of your outsourced app development process:
1. Understand your exact needs and put them on paper. This is the primary step. Many a time, midway through the process, clients realize that they are lost somewhere in the technicalities and are unable to see the big picture. When you know exactly what your expectations from the final product are:
a. You create a clear benchmark for your outsourcing partner to follow.
b. You can get back to the initial brief and check progress.
c. You can create a clear pathway and chart the process, even before you start.
d. You and your outsourcing partner can create an organized chart of deliverables.
Simply by understanding your exact needs in the very initial brief, you have made the entire process extremely efficient and organized.
2. Create a work-schedule before starting. It is very easy to get lost in details, iterations and test runs. For bigger projects, even a week of deviation can cause major delays and for efficient businesses, time is money in all literal senses. Hence, once the expectations and deliverables have been discussed upon, create a mutually agreed schedule to track progress.
3. Ask for your outsourcing partners previous work and clientele. If an outsourcing company has done some work, there is no guarantee that it will be able to deliver at same levels in every single project thereon; but, by doing this you would know who are you partnering with, what are their competencies and who have they worked with. If you want to take a step ahead, you can reach out to their clients and understand the ups & downs they had with their process. This will enable you to shorten your learning curve as a client and understand everything you need to know about your outsourcing partner. This process is termed due-diligence or background check by many. You can term it anything you want, but doing this will keep you and your outsourcing partner on the same page.
4. Ensure all your communication with your outsourcing partner is recorded, transparent, frequent and purposeful. Many clients give a brief and expect the deliverable to fly into their storage systems. Yes, you might have found a very reliable mobile app development company but that does not mean you can close your eyes for the project. Your communication with your outsourcing partner should be frequent and purposeful, which means you should be at the distance of a call or email when your outsourcing partner needs an approval or guidance. Even if they do not need it, it is your duty as a client to keep a check on the progress.
Recording and transparency are by no means to be used as literal legal weapons. Recording does not mean you record every conference call you have with them, it just means that all the communication should be stored in some form (email, call logs etcetera) with a brief description of why it was done. This way, you will naturally flag everything in the process and can directly refer a piece of communication, in case anything needs to be repeated.
5. Before getting your outsourcing partner on board, know what you can expect post-delivery. Different mobile app development companies have different protocols. Some of them will you give you only the final product, some will help you with the integration and some will also provide you with maintenance and data mining. It helps to know in prior, what services you can expect at what costs post the final product has been delivered.
How will Cross-Platform Mobile Development Help you Grow in 2018?
Posted on March 13, 2018
The world of technology has been ever-evolving! Every minute, every hour, newer trends are born, replacing the older ones. While it’s 2018, you must definitely get aware of the emerging trends that are very likely to rule this year. And here we will be discussing how Cross-platform mobile development will help you grow in 2018.
Mobile applications have entirely changed the way business is done. This is the reason why there has been a shift from web development to mobile app development in the recent years. And why not, since mobile apps have given businesses the power to connect better with their customers. In the contemporary, more than 60% of the businesses use mobile applications letting their customers connect with them, no matter where they are.
Now, mobile app development solutions have become an inseparable part of such organizations. But here is one challenge, whether to opt for Android or iOS apps? To solve this problem, businesses go for cross-platform app development tools. The process involves creating mobile applications for which only a single code is written that can run on a number of operating systems without any hitch. This is the reason why cross-platform mobile development has seen such an increase in its usage.
Mobile App Development Services and Tools
Below are some of the best cross-platform mobile app development services and tools that will help your business grow in 2018. Read through to find out!
This platform has been the favorite of a large number of mobile app developers ever since its inception. Over 1.4 million developers make use of this platform along with 15 thousand companies. Its newer version Xamarin 2, that was released in 2017 further added to the popularity of this application. The platform lets you use the same iDE, language, and APIs everywhere. You can develop apps in a single shared C# code that can run on Android, iOS, and Windows. Apps developed on Xamarin can be tested on different devices by making use of the cloud services of the companies.
Sencha is yet another popular cross-platform mobile development platform that allows you to create codes in HTML5 format. Mobile applications developed on this platform can easily run on both Android as well as iOS phones. Out of all its versions, Sencha Ext JS 6 is the most popular and one of the widely used cross-platform mobile development tools.
4. React Native
So, these were some of the best cross-platform mobile development tools that will help your business grow in 2018. The market for cross-platform mobile tools is estimated to grow to $7.5 million this year. There are various other tools as well like Kony, Corona, etc. which can be used to build cross-platform mobile applications. So, if you want your business to grow, then you must definitely look for a company, which offers mobile app development services to build such applications. Choose the one which suits your business the best!