How to optimize your website for voice search users?
Posted on October 11, 2021
In these times, when digitalization is everywhere, it is high time to fix voice search optimization if it isn’t already a part of your SEO strategy. Voice searches are incredibly easy to use, and people can’t get enough of them. With the advent of smartphones, voice search soon expanded to smart speakers and voice assistants around the world. With almost every generation welcoming voice search today, we are experiencing a voice search revolution.
The world is changing rapidly as the hands-free convenience and rapid response time allow users to multitask and get answers immediately, which they all appreciate.
How does voice search work?
In layman’s language, voice search is an organic method of speaking to a virtual assistant and getting a spoken response in no time. It is an improved and advanced dialogue system. The virtual assistant transcribes your speech into text and analyses it for questions and commands when asked a question. It is likely to search for relevant information in its respective external data source, and it would also translate it by speaking back to the user.
The following are the tips to optimize your website for voice search users:
1. Add structured data- When you add structured data to the website pages, it will help search engines understand your content more clearly with more focus on semantic search. Structured data is also beneficial for claiming rich features that are more popular in voice search results, besides having high relevance and quality. The Speakable markup is a type of markup, in particular, that was designed specifically for voice search answers which allows them to learn about your content that is ideally written for audio playback, including text-to-speech (TTS).
2. Optimize the google my business listing- Virtual assistants tend to turn to Google My Business (GMB) listings to find information about local businesses. The best part about the GMB listing contains essential business information, including your name, address, and phone number. You would also include additional information like your business hours, website URL, a description, other contact information.
3. Develop a mobile-friendly site- You need to know that mobile-friendly and voice search optimization tend to go hand in hand. Mobile-friendly features can be incorporated into your website, and you can use voice search capabilities as well. AMP is also explicitly designed to improve the load time of mobile website pages.
4. Optimize the content- Content is one of the most crucial parts of voice search optimization as voice search tends to be phrased as some questions or requests, so you need to ensure that content strategy should involve a focus on long-tail keywords. Lastly, you need to know that longer pages must rank higher as they need to fully encompass a topic while creating more authority and trust in the site.
5. Enhance the site loading time- A ranking factor for desktop and mobile search results and is also incredibly influential in bounce rates and user experience is page speed, and it tends to play a crucial role in voice search results. Hence voice search is here to stay, so you shouldn’t think twice before incorporating it into your SEO strategy.
Without any doubt, voice search is here to stay. It is high time to prioritize how your website looks to the voice search users. Marketers and designers must pay attention to voice to ensure that voice search users have a natural experience. Responses must be conversational, practical, and easy to understand. The above-listed points will help achieve the same.
How Are Companies Preparing for Work-From-Home in 2021
Posted on January 12, 2021
The Covid-19 vaccine is around the corner for common people but going back to the offices for work looks like a distant dream. Some employees are enjoying the work from home setup while some are eagerly waiting for offices to open. We have entered 2021, and we know the offices are not opening anytime soon, at least with full capacity. So how are companies preparing for work for home in 2021?
When companies allowed employees to start working from home in early 2020, it was not out of choice but a compulsion. Most companies were not even prepared for work from home setup, but there was no choice. Here are a few things we will see companies doing in 2021:
- Data Security – The biggest challenge for any company when employees start working from home is data security. The companies are working towards ensuring no data breach happens. In 2021, we will see a lot of companies increasing their endpoint security investments. Some of the employees are working from personal laptops, and everyone is on their home network, which is not secured compared to a corporate setup. This has made it mandatory for companies to get the best endpoint security for the organization.
- Work-Life Balance – Every company wants its employee to have a work-life balance. In the pre-Covid time, companies making efforts to educate their employees was a kind of engagement activity. The situation has changed now since people are working from home, maintaining a work-life balance is becoming difficult for most people. In the coming months, we will see many companies coming up with programs to help their employees create a balance between work and home life.
- The Office Environment- Employees might be missing the office environment, as we previously mentioned, they miss the comfortable chairs, nice coffee, and much more. Google announced last year that employees could purchase work-from-home gear worth $1000 to ensure that they are comfortable working from home. Following the footsteps, we will see a lot of companies doing the same this year. Many companies are coming up with a budget to give their employees a few extra dollars to set up their work environment at home.
- Child care policies – The parents are working from home, and their children are studying from home. Managing work and children sometimes become a tough job for employees/parents. Companies understand this pain point, and in 2021 we will see them revising their policies to give more paid caregiving leave policy to their employees. Some IT giants companies have already done it, and many others are in the process of doing it.
- Rise in Remote Work Apps – With most of the employees remote working, there is a considerable rise in apps and websites that help make remote work more manageable. IT companies prioritize App development and Website development that would aid remote working more straightforward and simpler for both employees and companies.
Applications and tools like Google Meet, Zoom, Float, Aircall, Slack are now widely used.
OctosGlobal is one such US-based IT Company that helps businesses fulfill their software & IT development goals by providing essential solutions. The company provides Custom Software Development, Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development services, and more.
Evolution of Social Media and how it Changed the Marketing Game
Posted on November 4, 2020
Social Media over the last few years has bloomed and flourished. We have become a generation of tweeting, snapchatting, instagramming and Facebook. Social media has managed to take the world by storm and made the world a small place, diminishing the geographical boundaries virtually. It has impacted individuals and businesses alike. Businesses today have taken to social media to advertise and market their products and services. Let us dive into how and why social media has changed the marketing game for businesses:
Social Commerce is on the rise and going by trends it looks like it’s going to expand and grow in the coming years. Platforms such as Instagram and Facebook have been used by brands to not only market and advertise their products but also use this as a platform to sell their products. Brand and businesses alike are going to use this trend and incorporate it into their marketing strategies. The fact that brands get more visibility and can reach out to a larger audience is one of the factors that led to their rising popularity.
Social Media is growing and along with it so is the social commerce space and this has been quite a boon and advantage to businesses and brands. As they incorporate social media into their marketing strategies brands and businesses are now becoming more visible and can reach out to a larger customer base. Social Media has now become a vital and important platform for brands and businesses alike to connect and reach out to their customers. Social media has also helped brands create more traffic on the brand’s websites and build consumer awareness.
Social Media has given rise to new social marketing strategies and trends and one popular trend that is on the rise in influencer marketing. Social media has given rise to a whole new career of people who engage on these platforms and make a career out of these platforms, these people are called influencers who have a following based on the content they offer. An influencer is someone who has the power to impact the purchasing power of his/her audience. Brands and businesses collaborate and work with these influencers closely to promote and create awareness of their brand. Influencer marketing also gives them access to the audiences the influencers cater to which helps them increase and expand their customer base.
With the rise of social media, one of the emerging trends of social media is how brands and businesses engage and connect with their customers. Today we see a personalized way of connecting with customers through social media. This has been a benefit, as it becomes easier to understand what the consumer is looking for from the brand. It also allows brands to understand and solve any problems that the consumer may face in real-time. This leads to customer satisfaction and helps in creating loyalty towards the brand. Also collecting data and feedback and analyzing them has become much easier.
One of the biggest advantages of using and incorporating social media into your marketing strategies is that it is budget-friendly. Social Media platforms are mostly free and thus all you need to do is create your brand’s profile and start posting content. One thing to keep in mind while using social media is that the audience and your consumers are extremely intelligent and if you want to reach out to a larger audience then you need to post content that is relevant and significant.
What does the future look like?
Social media platforms are on the rise and more and more brands and businesses are using these platforms. With the rise of popular trends like social commerce, digital marketing, and influencer marketing social media is on the rise and here to stay for a long time. Using these platforms wisely will lead to success and will prove beneficial to brands in the long run.
The key to success in social media is:
- Stay relevant and post quality content
- Connect and engage on a personal level with your audience and consumers
- Link your websites and blogs on social media and direct traffic to them
- Build customer reality
- Creativity and innovation should be your mantra
- Keep your customers posted about the latest news
Using these platforms wisely will lead to success and will prove beneficial to brands in the long run.
What to Look Out For In The Social Media Space in 2020?
Posted on August 4, 2020
Social media today has become an integral part of our lives. The digital space in the form of social media has impacted businesses and individuals in a colossal way.
Businesses, entrepreneurs, bloggers and artists alike are using the social media space in an enterprising and creative way to reach out to their target audiences, today investing in social media marketing strategies and digital marketing strategies can be a game changer for your business and you. With the entry of social media, the marketing strategies have shifted, and the digital marketing space has transformed in massive ways.
Trends to keep a look out for:
The social media space and social media strategies keep changing and keep getting upgraded and improved, in order to stay on top of your game you need to keep yourselves updated with these trends. With businesses shifting their focus to the social media markets and social commerce, we bring to you some of the trends to look out for:
The focus is now on cultivating and growing relationships with your customers that go beyond just selling them your products and services. To connect and establish yourself with your customers and audiences, should be the focus of businesses. This helps you learn what your customer is looking for from you and delivering them. As this is the digital space its even more important to connect, relate and understand your customers. Engage with your customers at a personal level and this will help you in the long run. Social media trends may shift but a personal relationship will last for long.
Today with the way technology is so rapidly expanding and upgrading one such emerging trend to is the virtual influencer created through CGI effects. Customers can connect and chat with them and also get an exclusive experience with the virtual influencer. This is one trend to look out for in the coming days as this a trend in the infancy stage and it has a lot of potential to explore. Using this you could also craft your digital marketing ideas, so you have a unique and an attention catching strategy.
Broadening your tools for data analysis:
The once popular tool that is losing its relevance today is the vanity metrics that was used to measure the success of the social media strategies and it is now evolving into a more relevant metrics that look and dig deeper. Organizations are investing in more advanced tools that encompass a broader ranger to get accurate numbers. Social media marketing and strategies are becoming more relevant by the day as they offer a wide variety of advantages and quantifying their success is important to know how to move forward.
Content is King
Today with audiences spending so much time on their social media platforms, and to keep them engaged creative content with absorbing matter is they key to success when it comes to social media marketing strategies. Videos are going to be a very integral part of the trends to watch out for in the coming days. The possibilities that videos offer is varied and vast and, in this space, the more creative you get the more audiences you are going to attract.
Honesty and Reliability
The influencers segment on the social media platforms has become huge and is an integral part of social media marketing strategies. Before any collaborations and partnership with influencers you need to do a thorough investigation of the influencers and if they are compatible with your brand and what your brand stands for. One important aspect in these partnerships is to make sure the influencer you partner with is honest and sincere in their approach. One other factor to consider is to make sure their content and the narrative they put out are in sync with what your brand stands for.
A Look into the Future
Social commerce and digital marketing is the way to go especially in the future ,especially with current situation we are facing , videos , stories , integrating and diversifying into the various social media platforms is the going to be an integral part of all your marketing strategies. One thing audiences, customers and consumers get attracted towards is your creativity mixed with humor and wit. So, keeping your content creative and strategies unique will help you stay ahead and on top of your social media trends.
Plan Prepare And Draw Up a Comprehensive Marketing Campaign This Holiday
Posted on December 26, 2019
Being Accessible and Unrestricted
As the world around us changes and evolves, we also change and transform as well. Business practices have shifted along the lines, in order to stay relevant and on top of their game they to need to make place and accommodate for the changes occurring around them. One of the changes that has seen a massive transformation is the way applications today are marketed.
From digital marketing to search engine optimization, every business no matter their stature is using the internet and internet related platforms to market their applications. From blogs to emails to having a different approach in place for holidays the creativity and content is incredible.
With the holiday season almost upon us, this would be the greatest time to capitalize on to increase your customer base and create and awareness for you brand.
What to Do Different this Holiday Season
Every holiday season, the focus is always on how to attract more customers and how to boost sales for the holiday season. This holiday season not only concentrate on your existing customer base, but also look at ways to expand and grow your customer base.
Content and Connect Driven Approach
Today consumers have a very keen intellect and the best approach would be to appeal to their intellect. Social media platforms have made it possible to reach to an audience that is responsive to content driven marketing strategies. It is always wise to have a content driven approach as this makes customers also feel safe while buying the application or service as they feel the company is being honest about the applications.
With the advent of social media platforms and their content driven approach, you can use theses platforms to connect with your customer base and try to find out what they are looking from you. This will not only help you and your business; it will help build a personal relationship with your customers.
Focus on the Unique Selling Proposition
During the holiday season it is easy to lose yourselves and your focus by rushing through ideas and options on how to effectively market your application. An application has multiple features and attributes, but it is important to highlight those features that make you different from the others. Focus and highlight those features, let them be the center of your marketing strategies this holiday season. This will help you both in the short as well as the long run to make your application a first choice among other options.
Offers in Abundance
This holiday season let it be about your customers, reach out to them by offering the discounts and offers. All customers love a little something special make your offers attractive and add a little something special and festive to your offers and this will help you increase loyalty among your customers. Creativity is the name of the game today and the more creative you get the more you can help increase your customers.
With mailboxes being flooded with all discounts and offers details, its important to stand out and being noticed, be inspired from the festive season and create content that is original and messages that touch the heart of the readers to stand out.
Know your Competition
Information and knowledge are always a good weapon to have in your arsenal of weapons. Knowing what your competition is doing is always a smart move. There is always going to be a threat from your competitors, but the smart thing to do here is to stay one step ahead, always have a plan and do not be afraid to take risks. This should be a part of your long term and short-term plan.
Sometimes companies and business get extremely competitive and go in for the aggressive marketing techniques, this is where you can be unique and try for a smoother and classier approach, as this is likely to strike a chord among the customers.
Reflection and Responsibility
At the end of the day all that matters are your customers and let them be the focal point of your strategies and goals.
Since this is the holiday season, it is more important for businesses to reflect and take responsibility, by giving back to the society. customers should be involved indirectly or directly in this drive and campaign. This will help establish a deeper and more meaningful relationship with your customer and send out the message of what is important and relevant to you as a business. In the end its is important to reflect and introspect and then deliver the same in all that you do and that’s what will help you plan and devise a marketing campaign that will also help you in the long run.
Digital Marketing Secret Sauce- What The Marketing Gurus May Not Tell You
Posted on August 28, 2018
Try running a search on Google for the term ‘digital marketing’ and you will be met by more than a hundred million organic results spread over several pages. You will find a ton of variety within these results ranging from marketing agencies, training programs and even publications covering the industry.
According to Statistic data, the digital marketing industry will be worth over $335 billion by 2020 globally. Every other big and small agency is trying to get that one deciding pie of this aggressively growing market. If that was not all, individual influencers are driving the industry towards new heights with people in every possible industry now opting for digital marketing channels.
One growing trend within the industry is the rise of self-proclaimed gurus and experts who have made it big in their business by leveraging the power of digital marketing. These experts have their own way of attracting business owners and everyone else who wants to try a hand at digital marketing. Most of these gurus try to lure you in by showing an ad about the exponential growth in their business and the sharp improvement in their lifestyles because of their digital marketing expertise. Then, most of them would bring you to a live webinar and tell you more about how they can help you achieve similar success if you buy their books, online training modules or other products they offer. The noise hence created can make you believe that online marketing is the holy grail of growing any business.
Before you set out on your sail to learn and implement digital marketing campaigns, after having heard or having seen these gurus and their prophecies, there are certain things you should know. You can call them the blend of the secret sauce of digital marketing, which can save you a lot of resources and help you achieve better results:
1. There is nothing you cannot get for a lesser price. This comes to services, technologies and even courses. Most of the courses offered online are an amalgamation of learning derived from a few campaigns run by the course instructors. You can teach yourself a lot by actually starting a small blog and trying to bring some traffic. Google and Facebook, the two ruling giants of the industry, provide ton of free and paid courses teaching the nuts and bolts of digital marketing. As far as tools and technologies are concerned, if researched harder, you can always find an alternative. All you have to do is ensure what is exactly that you are looking for.
2. Get the basics straight. Yes, that SEO plugin can be great. Yes, that expensive designer can give you a great logo. Yes, that research report published by that big agency can help you get more leads; but, before any of that you need to get the very basics taken care of.
To start with, have a dedicated website design and development partner. You may not feel the need anytime soon to have a dedicated team for this but the world of design is constantly changing. From video to rounded corners to mobile friendly to responsive – you never know what’s coming next. A design partner would help you leverage the ongoing trend before you miss the bus!
Then, have your marketing goals defined. For instance, suppose you run an eCommerce business. Now, with your campaign, are you looking for brand awareness or lead generation? Decisions like these can help you invest in right services and technology. The example here can help you decide what kind of eCommerce SEO technology you want to have in place.