What is a payment gateway integration and how to make it work?
Posted on September 2, 2021
If you are running an online business and if you do not have a user-friendly checkout system, the chances are you are losing a lot of customers. As per Statista, around 54% of all e-commerce retail is done via mobile devices. More importantly, 11% of customers leave a transaction in between if the shopping cart has a complex checkout system. Hence, it is essential to have a user-friendly and secure payment gateway.
A payment gateway is a channel that verifies your customer bank card details, check for the availability of funds, allow business owners to receive payments for their service or product. A payment gateway integration links the payment gateway to your web page or shopping cart. It helps in keeping all the online transactions safe and makes your customers happy.
How does a payment gateway work?
A payment gateway passes through many steps so you can sell your products, and customers can easily buy the products they like. Below are different steps that happen behind the scenes:
• The customer selects the items and proceeds to make the payment by entering the card details.
• The card details entered are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to be sent between the merchant’s web server and the customer’s browser. A payment gateway eliminates the merchant’s Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance obligations without redirecting their customers away from the merchant website.
• Next, the transaction details are sent to the payment gateway by the merchant (SSL encrypted connection).
• The payment gateway converts the message from XML to ISO 8583 and then forwards the transaction information to the payment processor used by the merchant’s acquiring bank.
• The payment processor then forwards all details related to the transaction to the card association (Visa and Mastercard).
• The bank that has issued the card authorizes the request after validating the availability of funds in the account and sends the response to the processor.
• The processor forwards the authorization response to the payment gateway, and it further forwards it onto the interface used to process the payment.
If you are looking for payment gateway integration, you first need to decide the type of payment gateway integration you require. Below are some of the popular types –
• Hosted payment gateway integration – This payment gateway integration redirects your customers to a secure payment page. The redirected page is hosted by a payment service provider. The payment gateway acts as a third party in this case, as the customer needs to leave your website.
• Self-hosted payment gateway integration – If you need to control the whole checkout experience of your customers, this is the option for you. In this option, to make the payment, the customer does not have to leave the shopping site. You can customize the payment gateway integration, and the whole transaction happens on a single page.
• API payment gateway integration – Under this option, the customers can enter their payment details directly on the checkout page and complete online payment using APIs. Merchant will have 100% control over the payment page user interface.
Once you have decided on the type, you can check the other details – transaction fees, multi-currency support offered, accepted payment modes, etc before starting the payment gateway integration process.
iOS App Development Trends That Will Shape 2019
Posted on December 17, 2018
Mobile apps have significantly shaped the digital culture over the last decade. As the mobile app development industry gains speed and momentum, new trends are on cards, ready to infiltrate for a smarter future. Technologies behind mobile apps have evolved over the years, the latest buzz being augmented and virtual reality. With the number of smartphone users across the globe crossing 5.135 billion, the app development movement is here to continue. Business firms from all verticals of the industry are presently collaborating with established platforms for iphone app development in California. Trends of mobile app development will continue to mold the behavior and lifestyle in 2019.
Across the globe 5G network trials are on the way. This will bring a significant change to the realm of mobile app development. The reputed mobile app developers have a greater role to play, considering the high revenue associated with the process. The global revenue generated from mobile apps is expected to cross $188.9 billion by 2020. Here are some of the trends that are likely to grip the Iphone App development industry in 2019.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
In 2018, artificial intelligence and machine learning have penetrated deep into the mobile app development industry. The trend is likely to set deeper into the industry, with AI already manifesting its power in chatbots. In fact, Siri proves why AI and machine learning is the future of mobile app development. As these cannot be separated now, 2019 is likely to witness a greater integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning into mobile apps. Leading business houses are already collaborating with iOS App Development companies to build robust dedicated apps for their business, based on AI. With this, the integration of chatbots and virtual is likely to get a boost.
Fast-tracked Mobile Pages through EMM and AMP
Back in 2016, Google search was integrated with Application Performance Management (AMP) listings. The developers have moved forward since then. When these become a part of the mobile app framework, the established developers can use the new boiled down HTML version for a better user retention and experience. Facebook Instant Articles have already proven the potential of this mechanism. In 2019, these monitoring metrics and tools will be resolving bottlenecks and improving the overall experience in various large websites.
Augmented reality and virtual reality will be an integral part of mobile apps
A large number of companies are collaborating with the iphone app development in California to come up with mobile apps integrated with augmented and virtual reality. Remember ‘Pokémon Go’, that has been a trendsetter for AR-integrated apps? The developers are ready to stride ahead further, developing powerful mobile apps for specific solutions. The entertainment industry will reap the initial benefits, while other businesses will closely follow the suit.
Increase in demand for IoT and wearable devices
Smartwatches and trackers have already been a part of the fashion-oriented electronics industry in 2018. With these products becoming more affordable, 2019 is likely to witness to witness a growth in the demand for apps dedicated to wearables. New companies will be looking for iphone app development services from the accomplished groups to develop apps for fitness bands, trackers and smartwatches. The fitness industry presently banks on the app developers extensively. Besides large firms like Zomato and Uber have also invested in the development of wearable apps.
Extensive use of instant apps
Although instant apps had their inception in 2016, they haven’t been used to the full potential till now. The demand for better UX increasing, it is time for the developers to unleash the actual power of instant apps. These apps are ready to use and the users can enjoy them even when they are not downloaded. Presently, apps like BuzzFeed News, Hollar and Red Bull TV already have this feature. This trend is likely to dominate 2019, with users accessing them without having to download the apps. This will eliminate the time for installation altogether.
Competing in the digitized business space calls for the right communication mechanism. Business leaders across the world have rightly realized the importance of dedicated mobile apps to fulfil this purpose. You can get across to the reputed iOS App Development companies and convey your goals. A feature-packed app, backed by AI, AR, VR and other mechanisms will spearhead your business.