What’s New Trending in Android App Development?
Posted on July 11, 2019
Mobility has become vital for every enterprise today as mobile users are ever rising. Moreover; the users prefer browsing the Internet using their smartphones. Android of all leads the mobile landscape with more than market share of 82%. It is now quite evident that digital strategies of the enterprises are now significantly focusing on Android app development.
As an Android app development company you wish to keep updated about what trending in your industry. Below are top trending Android app development trends:
Android Instant Apps
With so many Android Apps in the market, we seldom use all. There’s no way we can have it downloaded all and use them. These apps take up your majority of the memory space. To address this issue, Google have come with a solution called Android Instant Apps. The user can sign-u and use any Android App without installing them.
This facility allows instant usability for the users world-wide who do not wish to use Android app regularly.
Android Apps Are Moving Beyond The Screen
There were these typical apps that where squeezed into your small smartphone screen. Android App development company USA should consider the facts that the trend is new but growing. Apps will no longer confine to the same process they were earlier.
Augmented realty apps as well as virtual reality apps are developed more by the companies then ever especially the gaming apps built on Android. The recent exposure of virtual reality has just begun and app development needs to meet this need of audience.
How we forget something as important as payment app. There’s no doubt these payment apps have made our lives easier. Millions of users worldwide are using the apps to make payments. Soon the apps are capturing the market and will become a norm. Digital payments will be made a compulsion.
It’s high time for the Android App development company must take this trend into account, as it is going to shape the future of transactions.
Android Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is one of the most upcoming trends for Android app Development Company in Orange County to monitor.
The development of these Android apps is going to hugely influenced by artificial intelligence in different ways. The application of AI is of great interest to those who work in app development.
This technology is useful to the app developers who are looking to remain proactive. Artificial intelligence lets app issues to resolve before the user has even had the chance to lodge the complaint.
Android apps using artificial intelligence to gain insight into the user experience, app developers now have the chance to develop a more instinctual product.
Cloud based Android App Application
Cloud-based apps have been popular since 2016; they’ll continue to buzz the mobile app industry in 2019 as well.
Almost every company deals with important data. Therefore they need to be sure that the data is saved securely. And cloud-based app solutions are an excellent choice. With a cloud-based app, you can let businesses access their data anytime without worrying about the safety of the data.
If you do not already have a cloud-based Android app for your business, this could be a great year to search for Android app development near me company to create one.
Research around and you will see that many top companies already offer such apps to their customers. As a matter of fact, many of your competitors might also be offering them.
These are some of the top trends of Android app development in 2019.
Embrace these popular technologies and get your Android app development team create an app based on one of these innovative technologies. If your business is looking to have one; connect with Octosglobal, a reputed Android app development agency that could help you achieve the expected results with the help of a user-friendly and technologically advanced Android app.
Payment Gateway Integration Through PayPal in iOS and Android Apps
Posted on July 4, 2019
Having app has become a norm today. Businesses especially dealing in Ecommerce expect to design and develop high quality application with top-notch service. Several big brands like PayPal have set this trend – a hassle free way to help transfer the money in any exchange towards any products or services. This trend ever since hasn’t looked back than and seems to be ever growing. With the wide choice of payment processors to choose from, Companies offering Android App developing in Orange County are offering secured payment processing gateways that run smoothly within your mobile app.
Creating a native iOS or Android app for your business is an ideal strategic decision to capture the online payment market. But before creating a mobile app, you first engage an Android app development Company you need to understand how payment gateway integration in android/iOS is implemented.
About PayPal Integration
PayPal is the most widely preferred payment gateway today. PayPal Mobile SDKs allow native apps to easily accept PayPal and credit card payments.
PayPal Mobile SDKs native libraries let you to design quick responsive apps for the single as well as future payments.
The benefits of PayPal options which are mentioned below:
- It comes equipped with the facility of the split payments
- There’s a basic, simple invoice created for the goods purchased by the users
- It makes it easy to make transactions, transfer or pay money to any person/services
- It provides you with the facility to host your own checkout page
- PayPal is reigning in 205 countries and supports more than 20 different currencies
After downloading and installing, implementing PayPal SDK helps the native app with UI to gather the payment information from the consumers. Now, synchronize the payments with PayPal. Giving the proof of the payment for your app and all you need to do is add to your code.
PayPal SDK provides you with the payment proof. Give this proof of payment to your servers for authentication.
Integrating PayPal Gateway In iOS APP
1. After the initializing process of SDK, you need to provide your Client IDs to perform this is in your app.
2. You require creating a sub category of UIViewController to match with PayPalPayment Delegate.
3. The next step is to create a PayPalConfiguration and configure the various features in SDK.
4. You’d ask to pre-connect to PayPal’s servers. This action is recommended as when you first present the view controller from which your user will be making the payment.
5. The PayPalPayment account is created with the currency code, brief description, amount etc.
6. Form and present a PayPalPaymentViewController with your PayPalPayment and PayPalConfigurations object.
7. Write emissary methods to accept either the finished payment or for the cancellation process.
8. Send the payment replies to the servers for further authentication as well as any other processing required for business, such as fulfillment.
How to integrate PayPal payment gateway in Android?
1. To integrate PayPal payment gateway to your AndroidManifest.xml file you need to add few permissions.
2. The next involved is to declare various activities in AndroidManifest.xml as well as SDK service.
3. Begin your PayPal service when your coding and other tasks are well-formed. Pause it incase there any damage in the process.
4. Make the payment and start the payment plan.
5. Apply onActivityResult ()
6. You need to transfer the payment receipts to your servers for further authentication, which is essential for your business.
7. Once the payment process has been completed, the users will be charged accordingly.
The above-mentioned pointers are specifically targeted towards PayPal payment integration in Android and iOS apps.
However, there are several different companies in the market such as Braintree, Zooz, Dwolla, Stripe that any Android App development companies near me will suffice but; PayPal seems to be the most preferred choice Although, choosing a payment gateway completely depends on your users, and currency as it plays a vital role in it.
And researchers suggested by the end of 2019, the rise of the mobile payments across the world will be increasing by $1 trillion. Therefore; if you are looking to engage with an Android app development company USA, OctosGlobal can help you with that.
Building a Local Discovery App? Here is How to Proceed!
Posted on February 8, 2019
Apps are the new websites. Yes, that is true. Have a look at the numbers:
a. By 2020, apps would be generating close to $190 billion annually in revenues.
b. On Apple’s App Store alone, there are over 2 million apps registered in total.
c. 90% of time spent on mobile is spent on some app.
d. Mobile devices account for 53% of paid search clicks.
Apps are as a good as any website and they add the added functionalities of portability and customization. So, one thing is clear – iPhone app development has to be centric to your business strategy.
The Need for Local Discovery Apps
The retail travel industry is projected to grow to $85 billion by 2020. Of this entire segment, millennials will account for more the 50% of the growing demand. Hence on thing is for sure – businesses that are able to successfully satiate the demand of the millennial travelling habits, will grow aggressively in the same period.
Millennials are taking approximately 2.6 trips a year. Now, when you are travelling these many times a year, you will need one thing when you land up in a new destination – a local guide.
How to get started with a Local Guide app?
First and foremost – understand the market you want to be in.
In order to get started with the app development of your local guide, you have to know what type of guide do you plan to build:
a. Category Specific Discovery: You can have a local restaurant discovery app that helps users find the nearest local cuisine with customizable filters for results.
b. Marketplace Discovery Model: You can provide a marketplace for experiences and activities, where sellers can list their events and your users can navigate through the list on an interactive map.
c. User Behaviour Based Discovery: You can have a unique platform listing all the interesting things one can do in a city, based on proximity, mood and interests.
Now that you have your baseline idea ready, you have to decide what technology do you plan to use. Any competent app development company in USA will give you one of the following technology setups for your local guide app:
1. Mobile Location: This is the most commonly used way to generate a user’s location. That said, several businesses are already providing this functionality. Most of the times, mobile location is actually the best way to understand where a user is and then suggesting her what options she has around her.
Using mobile location to help users discover places around them has a couple of problems:
i. You will be competing directly with Google – which has more data and greater technology.
ii. You will have to depend on the internet connection which may or may not be uniform everywhere.
A good way to get use mobile location as the base to building a local guide would be to use the Google Maps and then provide more relevant customization possibilities to users.
For instance, Google uses basic demographic data and search history to recommend places. You can use better filters such as mood, hobbies or friend’s recommendations to filter through same places.
A good app development company can easily help you adapt the very basic Google Maps to your desired filters for customizing results.
2. Manual Entry: This is yet another frugal way to detect user location. You ask the user to manually enter her current or desired location and then help them discover everything relevant to them in that specific location.
Here, you are simply outsourcing the core job of detecting location on the user. An added advantage here is that you are providing your users a sense of privacy and immunity from invasion, where they have a control on what they want to reveal about their current or future locations.
That said, this option also comes with its own set of issues:
i. Users are not always aware of their exact locations. If they are unable to point on the right spot on the map, you will get the wrong inputs and might fail in providing the right results.
II. Users may resort to searching on your app and then going there manually. Here, you will not be able to showcase your lead generation efficacy to the businesses that have registered on your platform.
III. Beacon Based Proximity Detection: Beacon has been a recent revolution. Here, Bluetooth and physical beacons can be used for detecting proximity.
All you have to do is hire iPhone app developer and integrate the beacons on with your app. The beacons will naturally point at the nearest registered business on your local guide and your users will be able to do so without spending out on their mobile data.
Building a local guide is all about using all the data relevant to a geography and customizing it according to user behavior and preferences. If you are able to do that, you will have a thriving local guide app running in no time.
What Could Be The Reasons Behind Your MobileApp Not Working Properly?
Posted on November 15, 2018
Mobile phone plays a very important role in everyone’s life nowadays. There are millions of applications in the app-store. For a particular need, people have lots of choices with different applications. It is very important for an organization that their department handling mobile app development builds the application properly and the application doesn’t face problems like crashing, freezing, slowing down and many more. If they have these kinds of problems, customers will easily switch to another app and that is where you would lose the game of capturing the potential market share effectively.
It is very important for the organization that it solves these problems as early as possible. There are many mobile app development companies which state how there are many reasons behind your mobile app not working properly. One can remove these common bugs and make one’s mobile app much more efficient. Following, you would find a few reasons why the mobile app is not working properly-
Error Problem: When an app is developed, there is a high chance that the app crashes down or you come up with some other problems. This has happened with many apps such as Whatsapp and others. Avoiding this problem is very difficult as you need to conduct more and more tests, solve the problems as and when they occur, also, as fast as possible. One more thing you can do here is- frame a really good message on the error page. This helps the customer sustain this app for a more longer period of time just for the entertainment purpose if possible. A good message on the error page can buy you more time so for solving the problem-at-hand.
Network Management problem: Network issue is a very big, yet, a common problem that you may come across. The mobile app development service provider uses a really good network. Sometimes they assume that the users of the mobile app have the same luxury as them, which they don’t. The users may face several issues regarding the network. You should confirm that your app works on every kind of network, and has a data saving mode or a less data-consuming mode. This helps you capture greater market share as compared to the rival’s. One can confirm this by testing the application with different network ranges.
Proper Testing: Remember the old saying “first impression is the last impression”? This holds true for every situation. When an organization launches an app in the market, it is very important that it goes through a proper test. If it doesn’t happen, then it becomes a big problem because people may face problems like crashing of app, performance problems, and so on. This leads to a very bad impression on them because of which you might lose the game without even getting a proper start. Conducting proper tests is very important for each and every product or service you provide, right?
Write simple codes: When a coder makes the app, they want to write one of the best codes. During this process, they end up writing a very complex one. This creates a problem on the mobile phones. The code should be very simple. The simpler it is, the better it would work. Try to write codes as simple as possible because simpler codes also provides better and more efficient performance as the mobile app.
Memory management problem: Nowadays everybody likes to operate more than one app at a time. It is very important for the mobile app developer to have a really good app memory management which does not crash and doesn’t take much space while using. This is because not everyone has a high-end mobile phone. It becomes very important that your mobile app takes very less space to perform at its best level. Everyone like such a kind of mobile app and this helps you in capturing a bigger market.
A mobile app’s success depends upon how well the app is working. True, one might not have as much money as the big giants such as Facebook, Instagram etc have, but if one is able to solve the above-stated problems, it still makes your mobile app quite efficient and appealing to the users. For this, one can hire the best mobile app development company California. Mobile app development company is there to solve the problems faster and make the application’s experience better for its users.
AI, ML and Chatbots: How the trio is changing the IOS app development scene!
Posted on June 19, 2018
IPhone app development has been facing tough competition coming from Android. Largely this has happened because the large accessibility of Android both for users and developers. Any mobile app development company can have numerous points of freedom when it comes to Android against the highly regulated and sophisticated IOS app development scene.
IOS app development services have been trying to revolutionize IOS apps for years but the results have recently started surfacing with the help of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence might have risen recently as a trend but it has been in the technology setup for years now.
In order to understand the impact of AI systems it is imperative to understand the very meaning of AI in its simplest form – AI enables a machine to replicate the human decision making process using pre-determined rules which are adjusted and improved with availability of more data. Hence, the very job of AI is two levelled – primarily it is supposed to replicate the human decision making process and second to it, it is supposed to go beyond the efficiency levels of a human mind. Whether it comes to playing Chess or Go, AI has already started beating human intelligence levels in various areas. Now, AI is coming at the centre of IOS apps for developers.
There are two forms of AI: General AI and Applied AI. Applied AI is usage of AI for conversational purposes in chatbots, their usage in self-driving cars or music recommendation or even production based on certain choices. General AI on the other hand is based on the premise that the AI system can solve any problem thrown at it. Now, under the wide umbrella of AI are Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. Specifically, when it comes to Machine Learning and NLP, chatbots are ever increasing effectiveness of IOS apps.
At its core ML is a subset of AI. Machine Learning is where a neural network made of binary questions or numerical values is created; this neural network somewhat replicates the neural network in our brains which we use to make decisions. Then with reinforced learning of constant feedback on the accuracy of its outcomes, the neural network improves. Natural Language Processing on the other hand focuses on identifying the meanings and underlying subtext of human messages and can also work upon replying them with almost human like responses. Sundar Pichai displayed the voice bot’s competency in handling human interactions at the Google IO 2018 Keynote. This was an example of the proficiency of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Chatbots have been at the epicentre of the customer service revolution recently and Machine Learning powered AI is just beginning to increase the impact of Chatbots. Till now, Chatbots were supposed to be channels of communication between customers and customer service executives. Chatbots were supposed to handle the mundane queries which were common and frequent amongst customer classes. Now, with AI and ML in place, Chatbots are becoming more empowered.
NLP is helping chatbots understand customer communication in depth, irrespective of the various nuances in the messages. Chatbots bring immense value to the business by being efficient, providing 24 x 7 support and providing on the spot solutions along with handling all the customers at the same time. Essentially, Chatbots with the help of ML can do the following with ease:
1. Provide customers with an interactive environment. Automated answering systems are way too mundane and monotonous for customers to interact with. AI powered chatbots on the other hand give the consumer the space they require to interact.
2. Prompt solutions. Another area where AI is defeating customer executives – providing readily available responses. Customers love the idea of getting their problems solve within the time of a snap.
3. Customer empowerment. At the end of the day, customers get the real delight when they can take matters in their own hands. AI gives them a chance to do exactly that by listening to their detailed queries, being perpetually available and giving instantaneous solutions.
5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Outsourced App Development
Posted on May 1, 2018
As per research published by Deloitte, 31% of IT services have been outsourced and this number will keep growing for the years to come. This means that businesses tend to outsource a third of their IT needs to outsourcing partners. When such a big responsibility is at stake, how do you ensure that you are getting the most value out of every penny you spend?
Android app development is a very competitive market. Whether it is for in-house purposes or for reaching out to you target audience, you need to be at the edge of innovation and quality to attract your target customer through your Android app. It is fairly easy to find a mobile app development company that will fit into your ‘brief’ on paper but it is extremely difficult to find the right outsourcing partner who provides the mobile app development services you actually need.
As outsourcing gets more and more global, offshore companies are on the rise and with the return on investment they provide, they should be; but, with geographic distances the process of outsourcing just becomes difficult. Increasingly, the small to medium sized businesses are finding it difficult to get the best out of their outsourcing process. Many businesses are facing categorical problems like:
1. The finished product is not par with the expectations or cost.
2. The outsourcing partner has left them hanging before delivering the final product.
3. They do not understand the exact functioning of their own product.
4. There is no one to guide them post the delivery of the product, meaning, lack of after-sales services.
It is difficult to find the best mobile app development company that can provide you with the best Android app development services you need; but, it is not impossible. So, here are five ways to make the most out of your outsourced app development process:
1. Understand your exact needs and put them on paper. This is the primary step. Many a time, midway through the process, clients realize that they are lost somewhere in the technicalities and are unable to see the big picture. When you know exactly what your expectations from the final product are:
a. You create a clear benchmark for your outsourcing partner to follow.
b. You can get back to the initial brief and check progress.
c. You can create a clear pathway and chart the process, even before you start.
d. You and your outsourcing partner can create an organized chart of deliverables.
Simply by understanding your exact needs in the very initial brief, you have made the entire process extremely efficient and organized.
2. Create a work-schedule before starting. It is very easy to get lost in details, iterations and test runs. For bigger projects, even a week of deviation can cause major delays and for efficient businesses, time is money in all literal senses. Hence, once the expectations and deliverables have been discussed upon, create a mutually agreed schedule to track progress.
3. Ask for your outsourcing partners previous work and clientele. If an outsourcing company has done some work, there is no guarantee that it will be able to deliver at same levels in every single project thereon; but, by doing this you would know who are you partnering with, what are their competencies and who have they worked with. If you want to take a step ahead, you can reach out to their clients and understand the ups & downs they had with their process. This will enable you to shorten your learning curve as a client and understand everything you need to know about your outsourcing partner. This process is termed due-diligence or background check by many. You can term it anything you want, but doing this will keep you and your outsourcing partner on the same page.
4. Ensure all your communication with your outsourcing partner is recorded, transparent, frequent and purposeful. Many clients give a brief and expect the deliverable to fly into their storage systems. Yes, you might have found a very reliable mobile app development company but that does not mean you can close your eyes for the project. Your communication with your outsourcing partner should be frequent and purposeful, which means you should be at the distance of a call or email when your outsourcing partner needs an approval or guidance. Even if they do not need it, it is your duty as a client to keep a check on the progress.
Recording and transparency are by no means to be used as literal legal weapons. Recording does not mean you record every conference call you have with them, it just means that all the communication should be stored in some form (email, call logs etcetera) with a brief description of why it was done. This way, you will naturally flag everything in the process and can directly refer a piece of communication, in case anything needs to be repeated.
5. Before getting your outsourcing partner on board, know what you can expect post-delivery. Different mobile app development companies have different protocols. Some of them will you give you only the final product, some will help you with the integration and some will also provide you with maintenance and data mining. It helps to know in prior, what services you can expect at what costs post the final product has been delivered.