Why Should You Opt For Mobile App Maintenance?
Posted on May 21, 2021
The digital world has made it possible for your business to thrive entirely through Web and Mobile applications. The maintenance of the application appears to be a crucial factor to getting things going and avoiding multiple issues like crashes of apps, attempts to update apps at the right time, resolution of bugs, and so on.
Businesses are scheduling testing and maintenance of mobile apps at intervals of 2-3 months through appropriate allocation of time and resources. The reason they need to make such a strategy is because a big percentage of their consumer base is almost dependent on their apps, and these apps might sometimes break down without proper maintenance.
Data from the Google Play Store suggests that the total number of downloads of apps in the third quarter of 2020 is around 28.3 billion, while the number of downloads of apps in the Apple App Store is around 8.2 million. As a result, a mobile app and its maintenance are fundamental to any business’s core strategy.
Below are some of the reasons to opt for regular mobile app maintenance:
- The changing mobile hardware – The mobile companies release new models every year, and if your app is not up to date, it will become incompatible with the latest mobile devices. If you have a maintenance team, you ensure they are delivering regular updates, and your mobile app will work on mobile with even the latest hardware specification.
- Continuous Upgrades – Both PlayStore and AppStore release new upgrades every year, and all mobile apps should incorporate those updates to ensure they continue to work as expected. The changes could be related to a new platform, new technology, or programming languages. The stores may remove the app from the store if there are no recent updates and it is not as per the latest guidelines.
- Quick bugfix – It does not matter how well you design and code the mobile app; it is bound to have some issues when hundreds of users start using it. You will need a maintenance team to ensure the bugs/issues reported are fixed without much delay. If users keep experiencing the same problems, again and again, they will probably uninstall the app.
However, bugs keep coming as more people use the app over time, and hence having a maintenance team is very important.
- App Monitoring In Order to Stay Competitive- Mobile app maintenance is not a mere one-time task; it requires frequent attention. In today’s competitive market, you need to continue to monitor it to stay ahead of your competitors. Regular monitoring will keep your app bug-free and will ensure a seamless and efficient user experience.
- Better user experience – As mentioned above, the real issues only surface when users start using the app. Also, you get to know what is working on your app and what is not. It takes time to build an app with a rich user experience, and hence it is a never-ending process. If you want to give the best user experience to your users, you need to improve your app continuously, and for that, you need a maintenance team.
In terms of cost, maintenance is an attractive alternative to rebuilding the entire app once it becomes obsolete. These are just a few reasons why you should opt for app maintenance. Regularly monitor the performance, behavior, and market trends of your app, and conduct any necessary updates.
Octos Global is a dependable software development solution provider for IT Companies, which has experienced staff who believe in building long-term relationships. The company is an established and reputed player in the software development industry that helps businesses fulfill their software & IT development goals. The company provides Software Testing Solutions, Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development, Staff Augmentation Solutions, and more.
Why Should You Work On Your Broken Links Right Away
Posted on May 7, 2021
If you are a business with a website, you most probably are aware that broken links are terrible for quality assurance. Broken links can destroy your conversion rates.
It’s not uncommon for broken links to occur. When you have broken links, whether it’s new FAQ pages, discontinued items, or external links, it can be a real pain. However, fixing them is critical to the continued success and health of your store.
Imagine you’re running a search on Google for MBA courses. You were promised there would be a web page with the courses you were looking for in the search results. The page you’re looking for isn’t available when the link is broken; instead, you receive a 404 not found error page. Now, what are the chances of you returning to that link again?
What Are the Main Causes of Broken Links?
The most common causes of broken links are:
- Trying to create the link without realizing you had made a typo
- The deletion of an image, video, file or an entire web page
- When a page is renamed or moved, you forget to update internal links.
- Using past contents, like images, videos, or PDFs, that were deleted or moved
- The change of domains and the relocation of the site’s URL.
A broken link is a frustrating error that needs to be fixed right away for whatever reason.
Below are some of the reasons why you should be fixing broken links on your website:
- User experience – Broken links are an example of a bad user experience. Whether you have an issue of broken external links or broken internal links, they should be fixed.
Many web admins make the mistake of thinking that broken external links don’t matter because it won’t hurt their bounce rate or time on site metrics. However, broken external links are still disastrous for your website.
- Impacts revenue and brand name – Customers come to your site because you have invested a lot in branding and marketing. When they find a broken link on your website, all your branding and marketing will go in vain.
As per a survey, 88% of online customers are less likely to return to a website if they had a bad experience on the site.
- Boosts your SEO efforts – As per Google, one or two broken links do not affect the site’s ranking. However, there are indirect impacts of broken links on the ranking. Broken links increase the bounce rate, decrease the session duration of your site that is reflected in search ranking – the rank goes down.
How to find and fix broken links?
You can scan your website for broken links. You can use Google Search Console (GSC) to scan and find a list of pages having 404 errors. If you are not familiar with GSC, you can reach out to your developer or website maintenance team. They will help you with the website scan.
However, there are certain cases where the exact reason for the broken link is not known. In such cases, you should get in touch with the website developer.
To sum up, a few broken links on your website can put water on all the efforts you have made to establish and grow your business. It damages your reputation and can cause revenue loss. Get your website scanned today and fix any issues found at the earliest. It is imperative to make a regular practice of finding the broken links and fixing them.
Octos Global is a dependable software development solution provider for IT Companies. The company is an established and reputed player in the software development industry that helps businesses fulfill their software & IT development goals by providing essential solutions. Octos Global provides Software Testing Solutions, Digital Marketing, Mobile App Development, Staff Augmentation Solutions and more.