App Push Notifications- Gaining Momentum
Posted on September 25, 2019
In the world of technology there are so many changes happening, companies and businesses are trying to tap into the potential of technology, that is so vast that it becomes difficult to keep a track of the dynamic changes happening all around us. The cutthroat competition today and the drive to succeed, has led to changes that are astounding.
Mobile phones sector is one segment where constantly new changes are introduced along with advanced applications launched every day. In this sector today’s innovation can become obsolete tomorrow. In this fast-paced industry innovations need to be unique and have a last impact with leaving room for growth and expansion.
One of the latest trends in the mobile application segment be it iOS or android applications is the push notification.
Push notifications are increasingly becoming a popular tool among application developers as it has manifold advantages.
Android push notifications and iOS push notifications have the tendency to convert nonusers to users of the application.
Push notifications are slowly and steadily gaining the attention of users and mobile application developers. Android push notifications and iOS push notifications are relevant to clients as they use these notifications to reach out to a large audience.
Numbers state facts with a clarity and the below numbers depict how push notifications are becoming an essential aspect of android and iOS application development platforms.
- Push notifications can boost app engagement up to 88% whereas 65% of users return to an app within 30 days when push is enabled (https://www.invespcro.com/blog/push-notifications).
- 48% of mobile application users made an in-store purchase after receiving a push notification triggered by profile data. (https://www.invespcro.com/blog/push-notifications).
- 46% of application users who has opted in to push notifications spent at least 11 applications in sessions per month compared to 25% who did not have push notifications enabled. (https://www.invespcro.com/blog/push-notifications).
The numbers indicate a growing need and demand for push notifications in the mobile application segment.
How push notifications operate:
iOS and android push notifications work separately. The push notifications developed for both applications are different. The push notifications are a great way for clients to keep in touch with their users. Push notifications are sent to users who have the application. These messages can also be sent to users who do not have the application as well. Push notifications doe does not restrict itself to sending messages only to users who use the application for which the notification is meant.
There are two types of push notifications local and remote notifications.
- In the remote push notifications, generic messages can be sent based at certain specific times. A single message is sent in these types of messages.
- Another type of push message is one where the applications have access to the GPS of the user and can give suggestions based on the user’s current location. It could be about updating the user of the weather conditions or a list of to do things around their location.
- For example, Book My Show the movie booking application can suggest the nearest theatre in and around the user’s location to book a movie.
- As push notifications can be sent across to both nonusers and users of the application, it proves to be a great marketing tool.
- Mobile applications be it iOS or android, through push notifications can convey messages regarding the developments or upgrades that occur in the application of the users.
- Example: Online shopping applications through push notifications can tell users of discounts or new arrivals and how they can be availed.
- The possibilities of push notifications are vast and if explored and engaged with in the appropriate manner can reap a lot of benefits for the mobile applications developers.
Push notifications have become an important tool in the marketing segment. Push notifications be it android or iOS notifications have an important role to play.
Today with mobile applications growing and everyday a whole of applications being launched; it becomes difficult to convey the messages to the users. Push notifications become an effective tool not only in marketing the application to the users, but also effectively communicating the message to the users.
As android applications are different from iOS applications, push notifications for mobile applications of android and iOS will be different. Push notifications are a great way to also communicate changes and upgrades of the application that is being used.
Android push notifications and iOS push notifications are becoming a cult favorite of mobile application developers. Clients are making push notifications an essential step in their marketing and advertising strategy. The fact that irrespective of android or iOS users use an application or not, the push notifications will go to all smart phone users. This has enabled the clients to market their product across the globe thus making push notifications a significant and powerful tool.
Mobile Applications Revolutionized Through Android Applications
Posted on August 27, 2019
The last five years have seen a tremendous transformation in the mobile industry. The number of users is growing day by day.
Mobile phones today have become such an important aspect of our lives that sometimes we just become handicapped without them.
This in turn has led to the growth and development the android application development and services industry. Applications have played a very important role in the transformation.
Let’s look at the numbers:
- There are over five billion mobile users in the world, with global internet penetration standing at 57%.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
- As of the first quarter of 2019, these app users could choose to download between 2.6 million Android, and 2.2 million iOS apps.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
- The total number of app downloads in 2018 at 194 billion; up from 178 billion in 2017.( %.(https://www.businessofapps.com/data/app-statistics).
Over the year’s android has become a popular platform and is the most used operating software in the world, monopolizing the market.
Reasons for Android Popularity:
Scope: Android operating system has a wide and massive scope, this platform is available on high, medium and low-end mobile phones. This has largely contributed towards applications being specifically designed for android use as the users for this platform are large in numbers. This plays a very important role while designing it as the success of an application is dependent on the fact that it should reach to large audience.
Focus: Android applications have a huge scope as they control most of the market share, this has helped the developers to concentrate and focus on one key area of the application. The objective here is to concentrate on one or two features to make sure that the application they have developed is not a generic application but an objective specific application.
Quality Oriente: Mobile applications earlier were not focused on the quality, neither was a lot of thought put into the application. As android gained popularity the quality of the applications built and designed also transformed. Developers and companies became aware that if an application is developed for android use then the quality, features and designing of the applications need to change. This brought about a change in the quality as companies were trying to reach to more and more audiences the realized they could nor deliver subpar products.
Evolution and Development: As technology is evolving and developing the applications also need to. Android applications are developing and growing day by day. In the android applications development industry where the competition is cutthroat and everyday many applications are launched, its highly important to stay a step ahead. Evolving and developing better and advanced versions of the applications has helped them garner the market share today. It’s been a critical aspect in enabling the android application industry reach where it is today.
Easy Accessibility: The reason behind android applications huge popularity and success has been to a large extent the easy accessibility of the android application system. This operating system can be found even on the lower end range of mobile phones. This has opened a can of opportunities for developing applications that has a widespread reach. Also as android is compatible on most devices, it makes the accessibility to the applications even larger.
Versatility: Android applications over the last few years have adapted and transformed in order to meet the current requirements. Android applications have proven to be extremely versatile offering up a variety of applications with unique and exclusive features that fit into the roles demanded of them. The versatility and distinctiveness have enabled them to reach the pinnacle of success they now enjoy.
Diversity: Android applications are vast and varied. Technology is constantly changing, and this change has resulted in how applications are perceived. The shift towards applications and the rising demand for variety has led to applications that are varied and diverse. Android applications have truly brought about a change in the application industry.
Costing and Pricing: Creating, developing and launching an application is long process with a lot of time effort and money involved. For an application to be successful, costing and the pricing should be balanced. Applications on the android platform are paid or free applications. The advantage that android applications have is that they do not require large amount of funds to be developed. The android applications built are low on costing and that is why many applications are free applications.
Android applications have played an important part and will continue to do so, as android applications are dominating the market, the companies and Android developers feel safe to launch their applications on this platform. Android applications will continue their successful rein as they are constantly upgrading, evolving to ensure they deliver the best to their users.
2019 App Development Trends: These Trends Will Change App Development Forever
Posted on March 26, 2019
Mobile app development has seen the most exceptional growth in the history of technology. Up until 2004, when Apple launched the very first iPhone, mobile applications were a category of software only companies cared about.
Today, mobile apps have garnered attention of every single person on the planet. Anyone who knows about internet, knows about mobile applications. They have proven a great business case as well. By 2020, mobile app revenues will touch $189 billion, a growth of more than 100% in four years.
All of this has been possible with only caveat – whatever works today will not work tomorrow, because there will be a new trend to catch upon. Cloud storage, real time emoji, encrypted messaging and what not.
So, here is a list of trends that will dominate and perhaps change the mobile app development world in 2019:
1. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Yes, AI and ML have been buzzing around for years now. As simple mathematical and statistical concepts, they have existed in academia for decades now; but in business sense, they are still new tech.
Businesses are using AI and ML primarily for:
a. Data Analytics: Artificial Intelligence has the power to provide richer insights which might be missed by the human eye. The very advent of AI means that businesses have started using more and more data for making decisions. This has a primary impact on the business – the entire decision making process becomes more rational.
On a standalone basis, AI has great capacity to provide real-time predictive analytics to managers. Data Analytics was crucial feature levered by AI teams to beat the world’s best chess and Go players. The same logic can be used in data analytics to optimize operations.
b. Automation: The base case for AI is that it can help you automate the very recurring business processes. The capacity of AI is that it gets better as more data is fed into it and before you know, your AI algorithm is ready to take on more intuitive processes simply based on the insights it has garnered by working on the repetitive processes.
c. Research: Using the power of both analytics and automation, AI can push businesses for looking into directions they otherwise would’ve ignored.
Beyond these use cases, branches of AI such as Natural Language Processing are actually helping businesses cut down costs by understanding user queries better.
It does not come as a surprise that investments in AI will touch $77.6 billion annually by 2022.
2. On-Demand Service Apps: Ask any mobile app development company in USA – what is the most aggressively growing category of apps? And the answer will be – on demand service apps.
The entire model of ‘Uber for this’ has spread like wildfire in the startup communities globally. What started with cab service on demand becoming the world’s most valuable company, has now expanded into pretty much every single service turning into an on-demand app business idea – restaurant booking to booking a helicopter to getting laundry done to getting a tutor for your children.
On-demand service apps will only grow in 2019, as business models start evolving and customers start looking for more tailored services.
3. Wearable Tech: The biggest indicator of an industry growing aggressively is when a big player moves into the space. When Apple and Facebook entered the wearables space, it was clear indication of the industry becoming ripe for growth.
Companies like FitBit have already shown the fitness and health application in the wearables space. Now, it is up to the new age mobile app development company to adapt the apps already on the market and make them compatible with the wrist sized screens on the wearables.
4. Instant Apps: Instant Apps as a concept have been around for more than a couple of years now. That said, Google has bundled it into a sophisticated product only recently.
If you have a business in app or game development and you want more users to try it out, you have to know about Google Play Instant. Most of us decide whether we will watch a movie or not by looking at the trailer. Google has taken the same concept and applied it to apps.
Now, with Instant Apps, users will be able to experience your app without downloading or installing it. They can have a cursory experience of the app or game right on Play Store. This is one of the key trends that will implode and change the way we interact with apps.
Irrespective of what industry or business you are in, you should learn more about these upcoming trends. You have to have a plan ready on how you can integrate these new technological trends with your business strategy in the long run.