5 Reasons Why Web Development Companies Use WordPress
Posted on February 22, 2021
Many times you get a client that lets you decide the technology on which to create a website. If you have faced such scenarios before and choosing the technology is not easy for you, this article will ensure that you don’t have to overthink.
Of all the websites on the internet, approximately 38% are developed using WordPress, while 63.6% are on WordPress that has a Content Management System (CMS). You must have guessed it by now; we are going to talk about WordPress. Numbers don’t lie, but we will put in some facts to support the above numbers – Why WordPress is best to develop a website.
Here are a few reasons why most web development companies prefer WordPress:
1. Open Source – WordPress is an open-source software which means it is free. You can build a website for your client at a lower price since there is no need for any license. Hiring a WordPress developer is easy, and you can get one at a lesser salary than a PHP developer.
2. A plethora of Plugins – You will have plugins for pretty much any functionality. If your client comes with a new requirement, you don’t have to worry about additional efforts to develop the functionality. You can simply install plugins on the website and you are done. WordPress has both free and paid plugins, check the plugin database and find the right one as per your requirement.
3. A pool of Themes – One of the reasons why so many websites are on WordPress is the pre-designed theme that WordPress offers. If you need to build some generic websites like a real estate portal, you can easily find a pre-designed theme, and you can create a website using it. The themes are available for almost all business types. You will get static as well as responsive themes. Just like plugins, some themes are free while some are paid.
4. SEO Advantage – What is the point of having a website if no one is visiting it, right? WordPress as a software is SEO friendly, which means the website you will create will rank higher in Google research results and other search engines. If your client wants to make it more SEO friendly, all you need to do is install an SEO plugin that will give the website even more visibility. You don’t need an SEO expert for higher ranking, even your developer can take care of SEO.
5. Security – You are developing the website on WordPress and WordPress ensures all the websites on its platform are safe and secure. They have their team which monitors all websites and keeps them safe from different types of virus, hacking and malicious attacks. If you want to have added security for your website, you can buy paid security plans that ensure your website is monitored more frequently.
The question here arises that even with the many benefits it offers, is WordPress perfect for all types of requirements?
The answer is that it undoubtedly is the number one choice in most cases. That is because it is easy to use, and you don’t need SMEs and developers with years of experience to deal with any functionality. You save efforts and your client safe money which gives you more business.