3 Reasons Why PHP Is The ideal Tech For IoT Solutions
Posted on July 2, 2018
IoT is the buzzing keyword for everyone since last three years. There are media houses going gaga over it and consultancies opening new practices to help you implement IoT solutions. Yet, when it comes to small businesses it is still a grey area of understanding because most small business owners and entrepreneurs feel they do not understand IoT or do not have the resources to implement it.
According to data published in the Cisco Report 2017, 80% companies fear that they lack the ability to make sense of all the data that will be generated by IoT. When such is the state of understanding IoT, expecting that someone would know the ideal programming language to be used for IoT systems is a bit too far-fetched.
IoT might sound to be an intimidating concept at first. In implementation it is complex but from a more holistic point of view, it is easy to understand. IoT is a simple network of devices where WiFi routers, signal receivers & senders, censors, camera and other data capturing equipment are integrated with everyday devices. These devices then instantaneously communicate amongst each other using the WiFi and help in delivering a more efficient process. If IoT is used in houses, the motive is to provide the user with a more personalized experience. If IoT is used for business processes, the motive is to reduce the process timing and increase efficiency.
PHP as a programming language is still not the most preferable programming platform for IoT solutions. Here are 3 reasons why you should actually give PHP a serious thought for implementing your IoT solutions
1. It is free, popular and operative. There are several other alternatives available when it comes to choosing the right programming platform for IoT networks. There is Microsoft ASP for an example. The problem with most of such problems is that they carry certain fixed and dynamic charges, whereas PHP is free. In addition to this, PHP is one of the most widely used programming languages used by PHP development services providers and PHP web developers worldwide.
2. It has efficient runtime. If you ask anyone about the PHP web application development process, the first thing they will tell you is the highly efficient runtime. Most of the businesses which are used to outsource PHP development are leveraging the powers of PHP specifically for server side applications. Such applications play a tremendous role in deployment and are extremely crucial for the entire implementation process.
PHP is generally used for developing dynamic web applications and web pages. This functionality of PHP makes it light enough to make the programming lucid, but powerful enough to bring the desired results. This combination of the way PHP syntax are formed makes it a great programming platform for IoT devices.
3. There are quality and experienced PHP developers. This might not be one of the primary motives when trying to implement an IoT solution. That said, it is paramount to the process of implementing IoT solutions. Think about it, you may arrange for the best ideas, come up with a network design and also manage to get the hardware – but you cannot find the right programming expertise required to weave all of this into a working system.
The thing about experienced PHP developers is that if they are worth their salt, they would have quite a few brilliant projects which will not directly intersect with the IoT ecosystem, but the collective learning from these projects will help them get you an edge for your IoT solutions.
Benefits of Outsourcing PHP Development to Offshore Developers
Posted on March 20, 2018
Outsourcing is defined as the allocation of a specific business process to an external business provider which specializes in that business vertical. There are times when an organization cannot internally handle all the aspects related to a business process. While the main driving force behind outsourcing your PHP web application development process is finance, there are other aspects as well that push the organizations into taking this decision.
The reasons can be many- insufficient employees, short deadline, process being temporary, etc. Therefore, the organizations retort to hiring an outsource service provider. Once you outsource your business process to the service provider, the complete responsibility of handling and delivering the project on time, will be in his hands.
In this article, we will discuss the ways in which your outsourcing decision can prove to be of great use to your organization.
1. You Get to Work with Amazing Talent
Since there is a great demand of skilled PHP web developers, attracting them all to work for you is next to impossible. For most of the companies, building a team of outstanding developers can prove to be a great task and might require them to take help from recruitment firms for making it possible. Therefore, taking help from an outsourcing company, which provides PHP development services can make it possible for you to get your website designed by a team of expert designers with a quality that would be hard to be matched by your competitors.
2. Get Access to Latest Technology & Methodologies
After on boarding a client, many businesses start looking for external providers when they require complex skillset for their PHP process. In addition to this, in the absence of the requisite know-how and the inability to have an expert in-house team, push the business owners to outsource PHP development services from external partners who have a proven track record for excellence. This way, a company can incorporate cutting edge technology into their websites without mastering their in-house team.
3. Add a New Perspective to Your Development Processes
PHP development requires trial and testing of new features, approaches and an out-of-the-box thinking. When you add an offshore team to your existing team, you will come across new perspectives and though process, that will help your team members, to a great extent. If everything goes well, you might even get surprised by your team members’ fresh ideas and perspectives on your project.
4. Reduce the Project Delivery Time
In the fast-paced world of development, it is crucial to innovate and deliver your project within the deadline. Since, the timely delivery of your PHP web application development project can play a crucial role in your business’ reputation. Therefore, outsourcing a PHP development service will ensure an on-time delivery of your project. You can easily escalate the entire development process and move forward with the process.
5. More Time to Focus on Your Business Goals
Most of the companies invest a lot of time in hiring and managing their workforce which affects the overall revenue and competency. Bu outsourcing a team, they can leave these complex activities behind and can free up their time to focus more on the critical tasks that are more important for their business.
All these factors are more than enough to compel a business owner to outsource PHP development services, this list does not end here. If you some more suggestions or points to add up to this list, you are welcome to do so. And if you want to outsource a team of some talented PHP developers, Octos Global is right here at your service. For more information about us, contact us